Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with DePaul University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The ability to communicate effectively and present ideas clearly is perhaps the most important skill you need to have in order to be successful in any career. Good communication skills are key in many situations - whether you are making a presentation to potential clients, giving speeches at company events or having an individual meeting with your supervisor.
The Effective Presentation and Communication Skills Certificate Program is designed to help you become a better, more effective presenter. Taught by Dr. Joel Whalen, a nationally acclaimed communications author, the program will help you learn how to make clear, concise presentations to audiences from one to 1,000. As one of the most outstanding presentation coaches available, Dr. Whalen will teach you how to manage speech anxiety, speak up in difficult situations, work effectively in teams, advance relationships and build message packaging and delivery skills.
- Learn workplace-tested techniques for managing speech anxiety, speaking up in difficult situations, working effectively in teams, advancing relationships, packaging your message and enhancing your delivery style
- Participate in fun, practical demonstrations and skill-building exercises
- Understand the power and limitations of oral and written communication
- The power and limitations of oral and written communication
- Message packaging
- Anxiety management
- Powerful types of messages
- How to plan and deliver powerful, memorable messages that make people take action
Who should attend
This program is ideal for those who want to improve their ability to communicate, professionally and persuasively.
Trust the experts
Charlie Drehmer is an award winning faculty member at DePaul University’s Driehaus College of Business. His scholarly work includes presentations at the Association for Business Communication and Society for Marketing Advances conferences and publications in Business and Professional Communicatio...