Effective Planning and Forecasting
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The College of Business and Economics.Full disclaimer.
This one-day open-enrollment program is designed for mid-level professionals, and is available as part of our Supply Chain certificate program.
Planning is a critical process in every company. It drives many of the processes that are the foundation of the supply chain. Without effective demand and inventory planning, companies would need to react to constantly changing market trends leading to operational uncertainty, poor customer service, and, ultimately, weakened financial performance.
This one-day program provides you with the tools and methods you need to define, develop, and manage efficient and effective planning processes that balance demand forecasts with existing supply and inventory, leading to significantly reduced costs.
Impact & Benefits
- Link strategic planning goals with competing perspectives from suppliers to final customers
- Manage customer demand relative to capacity, and manage and reduce client order gaming
- Reduce risk associated with inventory shortages and other service-level threats
- Reduce excess inventory to capture costs savings and match required, cost-efficient service goals
- Maximize returns on inventory held and understand costs associated with inventory at various service levels
- Identify alternative service strategies in addition to retaining inventory
Who should attend
This program is designed for business leaders and managers who want a broad foundation in how to think about a business as a system and planning organizations that want to learn industry best practices. This program provides novel approaches to solving pressing supply chain issues leading to improved customer service and long term competitive advantage.