Who should attend
Mid-level managers and functional experts with at least 3 to 5 years of experience who are interested in obtaining new knowledge and skills for success in Supply Chain Management and Operations-based positions.
About the course
This one-day open-enrollment program is designed for mid-level professionals, and is available as part of our Supply Chain certificate program.
Planning is a critical process in every company. It drives many of the processes that are the foundation of the supply chain. Without effective demand and inventory planning, companies would need to react to constantly changing market trends leading to operational uncertainty, poor customer service, and, ultimately, weakened financial performance.
This one-day program provides you with the tools and methods you need to define, develop, and manage efficient and effective planning processes that balance demand forecasts with existing supply and inventory, leading to significantly reduced costs.
Impact & Benefits
- Link strategic planning goals with competing perspectives from suppliers to final customers
- Manage customer demand relative to capacity, and manage and reduce client order gaming
- Reduce risk associated with inventory shortages and other service-level threats
- Reduce excess inventory to capture costs savings and match required, cost-efficient service goals
- Maximize returns on inventory held and understand costs associated with inventory at various service levels
- Identify alternative service strategies in addition to retaining inventory
Phillip Coles has an undergraduate degree from The Pennsylvania State University, an MBA in Supply Chain Management from Lehigh University and an MS in Applied Economics and Management from Cornell University. In addition to his formal education, he also studied lean and continuous improvement a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.