This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
By learning and practicing negotiating basics in this program, from preparation to getting to “yes”, you will dramatically improve your confidence entering important negotiations, and the outcomes from those negotiations.
ABOUT EFFECTIVE NEGOTIATIONS: STRATEGIES AND TACTICS
In this program, you will be introduced to the science and art of negotiating successfully, in business and in life. We negotiate many times a day, often without even realizing it. By learning and practicing negotiating basics in this program, from preparation to getting to “yes”, you will dramatically improve your confidence entering important negotiations, and the outcomes from those negotiations. This program is hands on. You will learn negotiating skills by negotiating with other participants in a safe, learning-rich environment. Lecture time is minimal. Learning by doing is emphasized.
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
- Better understand the nature of negotiations including the influence of human interests, goals, perceptions, and emotions
- Develop an intellectual framework based on social psychological theory to help analyze negotiation problems
- Develop skills and confidence as a negotiator
- Gain valuable experience in the negotiation process in a variety of contexts
- Gain insights from the instructor’s experience negotiating in Fortune 500 companies and as CEO of a Silicon Valley technology company. You will leave the program with the confidence and skills to improve outcomes in any negotiation
Who should attend
- Individuals in management or individual contributor roles who negotiate to secure agreements, including, but not limited to, job offers, promotions, asset purchases, resource allocations, organization decisions, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Individuals who lack confidence when negotiating.
- Individuals who understand negotiation basics but desire to improve outcomes while maintaining relationships.
Trust the experts
Courses Taught: Teams and Technology, Negotiations, and Technology Management. Jim Olson founded the WestShore Management Group in April 2007, continuing a distinguished career after leading several high technology businesses for two Fortune companies and serving for nine years as CEO of SkyStre...