Who should attend
Diversity and Inclusion professionals, members of ERGs, EEO, AA, HR and other professionals with responsibilities relating to diversity and inclusion or creating ERGs.
About the course
Learn how ERGs and affinity groups have emerged in the workplace as a standard component of D&I initiatives to support business objectives and increase employee engagement and contribution. Examine characteristics of high-functioning ERGs and leading practices in group formation and operation.
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs/Affinity Groups) have emerged in the workplace as a standard component of diversity and inclusion initiatives. For many organizations, the benefits of ERGs have evolved over time from the primary intent—to provide a forum in which members of an organization who share common interests, issues, or concerns meet to address those issues—to multifaceted benefits that impact the organization's strategic diversity and inclusion efforts in recruitment, retention, mentoring, leadership development, marketing, customer relations and the bottom line.
- Fundamentals of ERGs from establishing to evolution into Business Resource Groups (BRGs)
- Best practices to follow for ERGs
- Tactical characteristics common among high-functioning ERGs
Approach and Features
Leave this one-day workshop with an invaluable resource for managing ERGs. The methodology of this program includes pertinent content and materials, assessment and discussion. Additional resources are provided on best practices and an ERG whitepaper.
- Core competencies of effective ERGs
- Drivers of successful ERGs
- Strategic approach to ERG formation and governance
- ERBS mission and goals
- Setting expectations for ERGs
- Building an effective ERG team and allies
- Connectivity with diversity councils
- Leadership responsibilities
- Functioning as a productive member
- Sustaining and energizing ERB membership
- Methods of assessing effectiveness of ERGs in the long- and short-term
Senior Human Resources Professional with leadership and expertise in Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), Anti-Harassment, Training & Development and Talent Acquisition. Experience within Fortune 500, Nonprofit and Governmental Agencies for over 25 years. Partnerships with organizations of al...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.