Who should attend
HR professionals who have recently acquired responsibility for employee relations in their organizations. Also, HR professionals who are new to the employee relations area, have had limited employee relations responsibilities, or have assumed this function in addition to other duties.
About the course
Creating and sustaining a positive work environment is a core responsibility of HR. Through proactive initiatives, HR practitioners can guide managers and work with employees on addressing employee issues and concerns. This highly interactive workshop delivers a practice-based approach for managing employee relations within your organization. Applying realistic and common workplace challenges, this two-day workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- Incorporate employee relations competencies and techniques
- Identify and learn how to address employee concerns
- Practice coaching, counseling, and progressive discipline strategies
- Demonstrate effective communication
- Understanding the role of employee relations as it applies to an HR Professional
- Providing guidance and support about organizational policies and practices
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with managers and employees
- Working strategically with managers to problem-solve and address employee relations issues
- Collaborating and consulting with colleagues and other areas of expertise, including legal
- Conducting effective conversations
- Recognizing different working styles and preferences
- Guiding managers through the coaching, counseling and progressive discipline processes
- Partnering on Performance Improvement Plans and Terminations
- Managing complex employee issues and complaints
- Promoting and maintaining positive employee relations
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Employment Lawyer and Employee Relations professional, who helps businesses and individuals to identify and resolve workplace issues before they result in litigation. Legal advice, provided through an employee relations lens, offers individualized solutions for clients in the four key areas of: D...
Wasserman Law is a management-side employment law firm whose practice is devoted exclusively to fostering compliance with employment laws and minimizing the risk of workplace liability. We provide practical advice and solutions to address your everyday human resource questions and problems. Our...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.