Effective Diversity and Inclusion Councils (DV310)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ILR School.Full disclaimer.
The effectiveness of diversity and inclusion councils varies considerably from organization to organization, and there is no consistent approach to making them work. The effective use and application of a diversity council strategy is one of the critical challenges and opportunities facing organizations. Understanding the business impact of D&I Strategy and creating a plan to implement goals created from the D&I Council are the most effective and evolving the organization focus.
- Learn how to position your diversity and inclusion council for success
- Understand the best practices in diversity and inclusion formation, operation and impact
- Identify the competencies needed for diversity and inclusion members to impact effectiveness
- Identify appropriate diversity and inclusion councils for your organization
- Create a mission and goals for your diversity and inclusion council
Approach and Features
Participants apply learnings and gain best practices in council development and operation through this two-day workshop’s case study approach. Interwoven in this course are discussions around current topical issues facing different organizations who are at different levels of diversity and inclusion council progression.
- Forming effective diversity and inclusion councils
- Diversity and inclusion council membership: who to include and why
- Core competencies of effective diversity and inclusion councils
- A strategic approach to assessing membership in the long and short term
- Mission and goals of diversity and inclusion councils
- Setting expectations for diversity and inclusion council members
- Energizing existing diversity and inclusion councils
- Enlisting the support of ERGs and the entire organization
- Functioning as a productive member
- Setting expectations for diversity and inclusion councils
- Accountability for diversity and inclusion councils
- Training diversity and inclusion council members
- Charting the progress of dynamic councils
- The need for a strategic integrated approach to diversity and inclusion council formation and governance
Who should attend
D&I professionals responsible for D&I Councils, members of diversity and inclusion councils; members of councils that are losing steam; EEO, AA, diversity, and other HR specialists with diversity responsibility; diversity consultants; anyone who wants to know how to make councils work.