Effective Decision Making
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haskayne School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Sound decision making is fundamental to achieving organizational goals. Today’s leaders operate in highly complex and dynamic environments characterized by rapid change and irreducible uncertainty. To succeed, leaders must hone their judgment and critical thinking skills, and develop effective decision making tools and processes.
In this blended program, you will explore the various elements of decision making and methods to cut through information overload and analysis paralysis to make better and faster decisions. Through multiple simulations, this interactive program is designed to develop your awareness of the numerous barriers to effective individual and group decision making.
You will learn how to identify your blind spots and patterns (biases and assumptions) that may be sabotaging your decision. You will explore how intuition and social dynamics influence your decisions and develop skills to navigate various complexities.
- Identify common pitfalls in the decision making process
- Identify and practice effective behaviours for achieving objectives
- Determine which decisions require intuition or a structured framework
- Develop your ability to navigate multiple goals, competing stakeholders, and vast amounts of data
- Improve collaborative decision making processes
Who should attend
- Executives and managers who are responsible for making complex decisions in their organizations
- Leadership teams that need to consider multiple perspectives when making decisions
- Professionals who require a method of developing and presenting quantitative proof to all stakeholders prior to implementing decisions