Who should attend
This course is for those people who want to understand how to communicate more effectively with their customers, their staff, their colleagues, and their bosses.
About the course
Providing safe health care depends on highly trained individuals with disparate roles and responsibilities acting together in the best interests of the patient. Communication barriers across hierarchies, failure to acknowledge human fallibility, and lack of situational awareness combine to cause poor teamwork, which can lead to clinical adverse events.
## Course Objectives
By the end of this seminar, delegates will be able to:
To set clear guidelines for effective communication
To consider the role of good interpersonal skills in the multi-cultural workplace of the Gulf
To understand different behavioral styles and learn to modify your behavior to achieve best results
To understand how to give and receive constructive feedback as a way to build better relationships
To demonstrate assertive behavior
To make use of all of the above skills to ensure effective teamwork
## Course Outline
Module One: What Is Effective Communication?
- Factors Affecting Communication How Messages Flow Barriers To Communication & How To Overcome Them
- The Dynamics Of Face-To-Face Communication Body Language - 'The Hidden Communicator' Tone Of Voice The Power Of Language In Communication
- Ensuring Two-Way Communication Developing Listening Skills Asking The Right Questions Transmitting Your Message Accurately
Module Two: Understanding Different Perspectives & Viewpoints
- The Effectiveness Of Written Communication
- Building The Best Relationships By Making Use Of Powerful Communication Techniques The Johari Window
- Know Your Self
- Know How To Build Relationships With Others
- Use Feedback Techniques To Develop Better Relationships
- Importance of Non-Verbal Communication in Business
- Body Language
- Physical Contact
- Physical Distance
- Presenting a Professional Image
- How the Business Environment Affects Communication
Module Three: Understanding Your Role
- Leader or manager?
- Beyond the job description: finding out what your organization requires of you
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
Module Four: Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- How high-performing teams work?
- Identifying team roles
- Teams in practice: teambuilding exercise
- Motivation and reward
- Building and sharing a vision
- Different approaches to leadership
Module Five: Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development
How people learn?
Coaching for personal and team growth
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.