About the course
Gain perspective on advanced topics relating to global oil, natural gas and LNG value chains. Discover the economics, technology, policy/regulatory issues and business strategies and trends that affect these value chains.
This program is designed to provide an overview as well as advanced topics on global oil, natural gas, and LNG value chains. Participants will discover the economics, technology, policy/regulatory issues and business strategies and trends that affect these value chains. Global market conditions, U.S. and international case studies, oil and natural gas market outlooks, and example project investments are used to illustrate and provide hands-on experience.
Examine the economics, strategy, business valuation, and finance specific to the energy industry, offering you a focused look at your field.
One-Day Focused Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Our Energy classes are held in Houston, the energy capital of the world.
- Review key value chain economics, business and technology features impacting investment projects
- Gain a perspective on strategic planning for governments and investors
- Understand the relationship between global energy balances, prices and investment cycles
- Learn the role of technology and technological innovation play in the value chain
- Value chains, oil and gas systems in overall context
- Global energy trends, forces and drivers
- Energy markets, volatility of commodity prices, market players and dynamics
- Sector trends, including role of National Oil Companies
- Identification of key risks and uncertainties
- Upstream investment decisions considerations
- Pipeline economics and cost model
- LNG value chain economics and business issues
- Gas and power business models
- Global refining and petroleum product issues, including biofuels
PHD, Public Policy, LBJ School of Public Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin PM, DoD Program Management, Defense Systems Management University, Fort Belvoir, VA MS in Physics, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA BS in Chemistry, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK Dr. Fred Beach is t...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.