Who should attend
- Directors of business development
- Business development managers
- Innovation managers
- Sales and marketing directors
- Medium and small scale business owners who wish to expand their businesses
- Head of brand management
- Trade marketing manager
- VP of strategic projects
About the course
In a highly competitive market environment, businesses need to build on existing revenue streams, find new revenue streams, and given the current economic climate in the country, businesses need to understand how to innovate in processes to streamline costs. The strategic innovation and business development programme offers participants knowledge about identifying and implementing innovative ideas, locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new and existing business relationships.
- Developing Innovation and Growth Strategies
- Competitive and Market Analysis
- Understanding Market Trends and need for Innovation
- Setting Targets: economic and social targets
Recognising and Identifying Opportunities
- Environmental Scanning
- Creativity and Prospecting for New Businesses
- Capturing the Voice of the Customer
Resource and Capability Development
- Managing Innovation in Products, Services and Processes
- Managing the Innovation Process
- Project and Time Management
- Performance Measurement
- Market Research
- Effective marketing, advertising, and promotional planning including identifying opportunities for campaigns, products, and effective distribution channels
- Market Penetration and Development
Business Development: Managing Stakeholders
- Managing Internal Stakeholders
- Management of the Business Development Function – Internal Stakeholders
- Building and Leading an Effective and Cohesive Management Team
- Managing Change for Innovation
Key Account Management – External Stakeholders
- Building Relationships with New Clients
- Contracting, Negotiating and Closing Deals
- Market Retention and Enhancing Existing Relationships
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of the programme, participants will understand:
- How to build innovation and growth strategies based on an understanding of the current market environment characterised by declining revenues and turbulent changes
- The rudimentary of innovation in products, services and processes for new and existing markets
- How to retain existing businesses and clients, and prospects for new businesses, clients and markets, particularly in a turbulent market environment
- How to lead internal teams and manage relationships across organisational boundaries to support business development goals and corporate strategy
A mental health Counsellor and an Experienced Academic Administrator with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Analytical Skills, Media Relations, Human Resource Development, Management, Pension Administration and mental health psychology . Educated at th...
Dr Henrietta Onwuegbuzie leads sessions in entrepreneurship on the MBA and Executive programmes at Lagos Business School (LBS), and is currently the Academic Director for the Owner-Manager Programme and Project Director for the Impact Investing policy initiative at the Lagos Business School. She ...
Dr. Tayo Otubanjo is a senior lecturer at Lagos Business School. He facilitates full-time and executive MBA modules in marketing management. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) and a Visiting Scholar at Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.