Driving Financial Performance
The role as manager has steadily become more complex in recent years. For a successful career, well-founded knowledge in the area of finance and controlling topics is also an essential for „non-financials“. At the forefront of the on-campus module is the practical application and concrete assessment of business cases. In terms of finance-conscious management this will sharpen your competence decisively.
- Develop a basic understanding of financial and business accounting.
- Know and apply the main tools for the financial side of business management.
- Immerse yourself in the topic of controlling and acquire an overview of planning, reporting and cost management.
- Enhance your strategic options by valuating a business using the main key figures.
- Calculate actual and future costs with the help of various methods of capital budgeting.
This short program includes the following components:
- 3h self-study as preparation for the in-class module
- On-campus module in St. Gallen.
Content & Faculty
Analysis of Key Financial Figures
- Analyzing and interpreting key figures
- Understanding the financial basics of the business plan
Capital Budgeting & Business Valuation
- Getting acquainted with capital budgeting methods
- Conducting business valuations
Accounting & Controlling
- Cost accounting fundamentals
- A look at management-relevant controlling
Who should attend
This short program is aimed at non-financials in lower and middle echelon management with responsibility for costs and results.