Driving Financial Performance
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Executive School of Management, Technology and Law.Full disclaimer.
The role as manager has steadily become more complex in recent years. For a successful career, well-founded knowledge in the area of finance and controlling topics is also an essential for „non-financials“. At the forefront of the on-campus module is the practical application and concrete assessment of business cases. In terms of finance-conscious management this will sharpen your competence decisively.
- Develop a basic understanding of financial and business accounting.
- Know and apply the main tools for the financial side of business management.
- Immerse yourself in the topic of controlling and acquire an overview of planning, reporting and cost management.
- Enhance your strategic options by valuating a business using the main key figures.
- Calculate actual and future costs with the help of various methods of capital budgeting.
This short program includes the following components:
- 3h self-study as preparation for the in-class module
- On-campus module in St. Gallen.
Content & Faculty
Analysis of Key Financial Figures
- Analyzing and interpreting key figures
- Understanding the financial basics of the business plan
Capital Budgeting & Business Valuation
- Getting acquainted with capital budgeting methods
- Conducting business valuations
Accounting & Controlling
- Cost accounting fundamentals
- A look at management-relevant controlling
Who should attend
This short program is aimed at non-financials in lower and middle echelon management with responsibility for costs and results.