Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Field and operations personnel
About the course
The session will give special attention to diesel engines, and will assist participants with making deliberate and calculated maintenance decisions, placing an equal emphasis on both troubleshooting and the determination of the Cause of failure.
These five days course is designed to provide field and operations personnel with understanding of maintenance issues associated with prime movers that power an SCR powered or mechanical drilling rig.
- Introduction and Definitions
- Equipment Management Systems (EMS)
- Diesel Engine Fundamentals
- Major Engine Systems and their Maintenance Requirements
- Drilling Rig Overhead Equipment, Draw Works Components
- Pumps, Right Angle Drives, Hydraulics
- Transmissions, Compressors and Generators
- Developing a Maintenance Management Systems
- Oil Analysis Programs – Implementation and Interpretation
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Troubleshooting Techniques
- Electronic Controls and Monitoring
- Failure Analysis
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.