Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Disruptive Innovation is designed for executives who need to fulfil the role of strategic leader in a time of great turbulence, specifically leaders who are struggling to think strategically in a fast moving world and who need to find innovative solutions to new and evolving scenarios.
About the course
- Supercharge your creative thinking skills
- Plan strategically to make sure your best ideas are implemented successfully
- Boost the chances of making your innovations stick
- Learn how to foster innovation in others
Apply strategic thinking to ensure innovations are implemented to maximum effect
You want to drive innovation more effectively in your organization, moving beyond standard business models to learn lessons from successful innovators. Disruptive Innovation equips you with skills to think more creatively and apply your ideas more effectively.
You will also learn concrete techniques to help you nurture a culture of innovation within a team or organization, by maximizing the talent and creativity of those around you.
Disruptive Innovation - Your Learning Journey
Unit 1: Disruptive Innovation: Why Now? Why Me? Why Not?
- Master the application of S-curve for decision making
- Understand how innovation drives industry change
- Think like a disrupter, including business model innovation
Unit 2: Jumping The S-curve
- Organizational sustainability requires jumping the S-curve, here you will learn the tools needed to do that
- Learning from others (forward pollination, bringing ideas from other industries can help my business)
- Intro to lean start-up and design thinking
Unit 3: Business Model Innovation
- Understand the core principles of design thinking
- Become familiar with the Business Model Canvas as a simple but powerful tool to think about your business
- Apply design thinking principles to identify innovation potential in your business
Unit 4: Innovation is a Social Phenomenon
- Innovation as a social phenomenon involving teams and culture
- Become familiar with the concept of conversation engineering
- Be able to apply this concept to your context
Unit 5: Innovative Organizations Deserve Innovative-Thinking Leaders
- Think about what an explorer mindset looks like in leaders
- Defeat legacy thinking
- Address new leadership competencies
Supporting you on your Disruptive Innovation online program journey
You will have a dedicated learning coach, making sure you receive a highly individualized learning experience.
Your professional learning coach accompanies you through your 5-week learning journey on this Disruptive Innovation online course. They provide support and feedback as you apply your learning directly into your workplace, where it has an immediate impact.
Their input helps you translate your learning to your particular context. By spreading this feedback regularly throughout the program, you'll be sure to embed your ongoing learning directly in your daily work.
Your professional learning coach interacts with you via video, in writing, and over the phone. You have calls, spread across the 5-weeks, at intervals that consolidate your learning.
Your learning coach helps you
- Define your learning objectives
- Review your progress on a weekly basis
- Overcome your challenges
- Translate what you learn to your own context
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.