Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Disruptive Innovation is designed for executives who need to fulfil the role of strategic leader in a time of great turbulence, specifically leaders who are struggling to think strategically in a fast moving world and who need to find innovative solutions to new and evolving scenarios.
About the course
- Supercharge your creative thinking skills
- Plan strategically to make sure your best ideas are implemented successfully
- Boost the chances of making your innovations stick
- Learn how to foster innovation in others
Apply strategic thinking to ensure innovations are implemented to maximum effect
You want to drive innovation more effectively in your organization, moving beyond standard business models to learn lessons from successful innovators. Disruptive Innovation equips you with skills to think more creatively and apply your ideas more effectively.
You will also learn concrete techniques to help you nurture a culture of innovation within a team or organization, by maximizing the talent and creativity of those around you.
Disruptive Innovation - Your Learning Journey
Unit 1: Disruptive Innovation: Why Now? Why Me? Why Not?
- Master the application of S-curve for decision making
- Understand how innovation drives industry change
- Think like a disrupter, including business model innovation
Unit 2: Jumping The S-curve
- Organizational sustainability requires jumping the S-curve, here you will learn the tools needed to do that
- Learning from others (forward pollination, bringing ideas from other industries can help my business)
- Intro to lean start-up and design thinking
Unit 3: Business Model Innovation
- Understand the core principles of design thinking
- Become familiar with the Business Model Canvas as a simple but powerful tool to think about your business
- Apply design thinking principles to identify innovation potential in your business
Unit 4: Innovation is a Social Phenomenon
- Innovation as a social phenomenon involving teams and culture
- Become familiar with the concept of conversation engineering
- Be able to apply this concept to your context
Unit 5: Innovative Organizations Deserve Innovative-Thinking Leaders
- Think about what an explorer mindset looks like in leaders
- Defeat legacy thinking
- Address new leadership competencies
William A. Fischer is a Professor of Innovation Management at IMD. He co-founded and co-directs the IMD program on Driving Strategic Innovation, in cooperation with the Sloan School of Management at MIT and also authors a regular column for Forbes.com entitled “The Ideas Business,”. An engineer ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.