Who should attend
Disney insights and illustrations are beneficial to any leader or employee interested in learning how to improve the customer experience and raise the standards of quality service in their organization.
About the course
Discover Why Delivering Exceptional Customer Service is All in the Details. Disney Institute shares the operational practices used to serve Guests at our parks and resorts for over 60 years. We know that excellent service does not simply come from a friendly smile or easy transaction. It results from truly understanding the customer's needs and putting the right guidelines and customer service standards in place, so we can exceed their expectations.
When an organization puts the customer at its core—empowering its people and unifying its processes—outstanding customer service becomes possible on a consistent basis, from the first greeting to the final meeting. When all touch points are exemplary experiences, a customer has a much greater incentive to return, as well as recommend us to others. No one understands this better than Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
Learn How To:
- Assess and improve your organization's commitment to quality service
- Differentiate and elevate your service to become a provider of choice
- Design standards for quality service and create a consistent service experience
- Gauge the needs, wants, stereotypes and emotions of your customers at an individual level
- Understand the processes necessary to develop a culture that consistently delivers exceptional service
- Recover effectively from a service failure and turn it into an opportunity to strengthen customer relations
Who Can Benefit:
- Improve the customer experience and raise the standards of quality service across your organization
- Establish clear processes for consistent service and successful recovery from service failures
- Architect systems and processes to improve the customer experience and help raise service standards
- Discover how to recover effectively from service breakdowns
- Learn techniques and insights on delivering exceptional customer service
- Provide a new perspective on how service is delivered by your team and help to raise standards
Identify the Current State
The gradual decline of customer service over the years has created a big opportunity for businesses to provide service that is beyond customer expectations. Even better, make an emotional connection with your customers that can lead to brand loyalty. But first, your service framework must be designed and cultivated. In this course, you'll learn how to think differently and act intentionally—examining the customer experience, identifying service pitfalls and dispelling misconceptions that are all key to establishing quality customer service.
Design a Service Strategy
Service occurs every time a customer interacts with your organization. We call them touch points. Designing a successful service strategy hinges on understanding what you want to do for your customers, what your customers expect and the business impact of these actions. Through class activities and experiences in the field, you'll recognize the critical importance of service standards. And with this knowledge, you can drive the discussion within your organization to create your own strategies for quality service.
Deliver Exceptional Service
Outstanding service is not limited to the employees delivering the service. It's as important to understand how the physical space and the organization's standards and processes affect the entire experience—not to mention how the service is actually perceived by customers. After this course, you'll understand how your people, place and processes intersect—and how they're all essential to the consistent delivery of exemplary service.
Recover from Service Failures
All businesses occasionally encounter customer service failures. While it is always the goal to meet our customers' expectations, at times this may not happen. And the importance of recovering a relationship with a customer after a service failure is absolutely critical at Disney. You'll learn how to actively listen to your customers and what you can do to proactively prevent future failures in customer service.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.