Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The diploma programme is for managers from any industry who are leading digital projects or driving digital transformation initiatives in their team, department or organisation. You will benefit if you are an:
- executive in a traditional leadership position who wants to better understand strategic responses to digital disruptions as well as their operational implications
- senior manager involved in developing and implementing digital transformation efforts
- middle manager struggling with incorporating new digital technologies to achieve departmental impact
- manager in an industry with traditional business models seeking practicable insights into digital disruption opportunities
- entrepreneur interested in capitalising on digital technology opportunities.
About the course
Become a better digital transformation advisor in your organisation by applying new knowledge and skills to your business challenge. Turn digital disruption from threat into opportunity in your company with RSM’s Diploma Programme in Digital Transformation.
In the workshops, you will learn new knowledge about business transformations as well as a practical and scientifically sound approach to design an actionable plan for solving a business challenge, for example in online marketing initiatives. The course, which is designed by RSM Executive Education and delivered by professional consultants from leading digital transformation consultancy firms, will support you in creating winning business performance through digital transformation initiatives.
You are eligible to receive your RSM Digital Transformation Diploma when you complete three courses and your professionally coached Impact Project.
After you have completed the programme, you will be able to:
- turn digital disruption from threat into opportunity by capturing value for your organisation by instigating a digital transformation initiative
- align and mobilise your people and other stakeholders to support your initiative
- focus on the real priorities and discover valuable superior insights
- design actionable plans with real business performance impact
- refine your plan and obtain sound arguments to persuade stakeholders to support its implementation.
Why should you join this programme?
- Access to RSM’s world-class academic research and expertise.
- Improve and validate your knowledge, skills and experience.
- Learn from your peers’ experiences and extend your professional network.
- Work towards implementing a digital transformation initiative in your organisation – for example in online marketing – together with top faculty and professional consultants.
- Obtain a Digital Transformation Diploma from RSM.
The diploma programme is made up of four open programmes. Completing any three of these modules, in any order, means you can obtain the RSM Digital Transformation Diploma. You are able to start on the Impact Project after completing at least two of these open programmes.
Digital Analytics and Customer (3 days)
Learn data management methods, tools and strategies to optimise performance and business intelligence. Build a solid understanding of trends and developments, and learn methods to collect, analyse and manage data.
Digital Strategy (3 days)
Become a better strategic advisor who can influence, drive, and implement effective digital strategies. Learn to assess the dynamics of the digital landscape and how to take advantage of emerging disruptive technologies.
Digital Innovation (3 days)
Learn the tools and frameworks with which to develop innovation-driven business opportunities and models, and a culture of innovation for leadership in your organisation.
Digital Leadership and Cange (3 days)
Learn which capabilities you need and what culture is required for digital transformation. Gain insights on personal leadership and change management during this experiential programme.
Impact Project (mandatory)
The Impact Project (IP) is the final and capstone module of RSM’s Diploma Programme in Digital Transformation. It offers a unique experiential learning opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills developed in the diploma modules on a real-world business problem in your own working environment. After successfully completing the Impact Project and your three chosen modules, you will be eligible to get your diploma.
The primary learning goal for the Impact Project is for participants to be able to conduct an intervention in support of digital transformation, by applying a minimum of three stages of the problem-solving cycle:
- Problem definition
- Solution design
The deliverable is a clear and well-structured PowerPoint presentation that covers six questions:
- What is your research question?
- Why is it a relevant research question?
- How will you answer your research question?
- What are your achievements?
- What are your conclusions and recommendations?
- Reflection report
Participants will be supported during their project via:
- A full day workshop and (peer) coaching session
- Two coaching calls of max. one hour with an academic coach.
Murat Tarakci is an associate professor of innovation management at RSM. His research focuses on disruptive innovations, strategy implementation, and power. Prior to joining academia, Murat worked in the finance department of Unilever Turkey. Combining his business and academic experience, Murat’...
Assistant Professor at the Rotterdam School of Management from Erasmus University Rotterdam and Invited Researcher at the Heinz College from Carnegie Mellon University. Rodrigo's research focuses on the effects of information systems on organizations and on the impacts of social network structur...
Ting Li is the Endowed Professor of Digital Business and the Academic Director of MSc Business Information Management at Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University. She is the founding member of the Erasmus Centre for Data Science and Business Analytics. Ting Li is an expert in Digi...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.