Who should attend
- Nursing home and long-term care administrators
- Registered nurses, nurse practitioners, nursing assistants, and dieticians
- Physical therapists
- Facilities managers
- Hospitality professionals transitioning to a career in senior living
- People interested in a career in senior living
- Facilities developers and planners
About the course
Can you offer a menu that excites your residents and/or guests, meets their nutritional needs, and doesn't break your budget?
In this course, you'll examine a framework to help you align your food service operation with your organizational needs. You'll also examine trends and how they might have a place in your food service operation, and you'll access resources to help you keep on top of those trends. You'll review a healthcare facility menu and reflect on what's good and where there's room for improvement. You'll design, or re-design, your own menu and then build a plan to collect and analyze feedback on that menu. You'll also interact with a tool to help you make sure your concept is viable.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Use the PPO (product, people, and operational conditions) framework to identify needs in your organization
- Match appropriate industry trends with your food service operation
- Design a menu that best suits the needs of your organization
- Design a delivery solution that aligns with your food service operation
- Develop a plan to measure the effectiveness of your food and beverage operations
Alex M. Susskind is an associate professor at the School of Hotel Administration and a member of the graduate field of communication at Cornell University. He earned his PhD in communication (with cognates in organizational communication and organizational behavior) from Michigan State University...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.