Who should attend
- At least five years' work experience as (general) manager or in an influential/strategic position
- Proven minimum bachelor's level of work and/or education
- Affinity with ICT
- Sufficient knowledge of English
About the course
Decisions made in boardrooms have a substantial impact on your daily operations, so you will benefit from understanding boardroom dynamics and knowing what challenges boardroom members face. Our module Digitalization and Boardroom Dynamics provides you with the knowledge and skills you need to be an effective partner to the board.
You will learn about ownership structures and good corporate governance, and we will show you how current developments, especially those in the fields of technology and digital transformation, affect executive boards in their decision making.
What will you get out of it?
- Knowledge about the impact of technological developments on different ownership structures such as family businesses, SMEs, listed companies, etc.
- Insight in how globalization and the growing attention for good corporate governance influence the board's agenda and your role in this process.
- A report on a sustainable development goal relevant for your organization.
- A certificate that proves you have successfully completed the module.
What are you going to do?
The module Digitalization and Boardroom Dynamics looks at governance looks at technology's effect on the boardroom and how you can influence this. There are three blocks of two days:
- Changing landscape from a CIO perspective: enterprise characteristics, your role in digital transformation, and boardroom dynamics
- Globalization, sustainable development goals and a multi-stakeholder approach: changes impacting the board's agenda
- Transformational leadership: your role in bridging board room dynamics and your organization's needs
Mr Herman Mulder is Fellow at Nyenrode Business Universiteit. He is the former Director-General, Head of Group Risk Management at ABN AMRO Bank (1998-2006) and Head of Global Structured Finance (1995-1998). He was the initiator of the Equator Principles (2002/2003: the first voluntary, global sec...
What Désirée van Gorp drives, is the combination of education, research and working with companies and the interaction with her students and alumni. Désirée is teaching in BSc, MSc, Executive MBA, Full time MBA, Modular MBA and various EEOD programs. She is proud of her teaching efforts resulting...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.