Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for business and IT professionals involved in business and IT strategy setting and value creation out of IT enabled investments:
- CIOs and/or CEOs, BU managers, business process owners, project managers, program & portfolio managers, business consultants, information managers, business/IT relationship managers
About the course
Information technology (IT) has become crucial in the support, sustainability and growth of enterprises. As a result, digital capabilities will increasingly determine which companies create value and which ones lose value.
The Master Class Digital Transformation: Strategy & Leadership acknowledges this critical dependency and calls for a specific focus on building organizational capabilities around the digital assets. These capabilities include the design and implementation of governance and management models around digital assets, the integration of business and IT (digital) strategies and the articulation and realization of benefits from digital investments.
After attending this program:
- You are able to develop an IT strategy in alignment with your business strategy;
- You can build an enterprise governance of IT strategy and related framework for your organization;
- You understand the performance impact of IT enabled initiatives;
- You understand how a portfolio of IT investments should be managed effectively;
- You can identify and communicate the company’s IT related business value opportunities and risks;
- You can interpret international IT governance frameworks such as COBIT 5-COBIT 2019.
- Rooted in science: more than 20 years of research on enterprise governance of IT at the University of Antwerp and the Expertise Center Digital Business & IT (ITAG).
- Proven in practice: our academic faculty advised more than 100 companies worldwide.
- C-level guest speakers and international faculty ensure an up-to-date global outlook.
- This master class is part of all 3 Business & IT master programs, all accredited by NVAO and AACSB, and is as such a unique opportunity to acquire a general insight in all 3 domains. You are part of a larger driven group.
The program consists of 2 submodules and a group assignment. In each submodule, models and concepts are explained and illustrated through cases and exercises. All in-class sessions will be highly interactive, with a lot of focus on sharing experiences and challenging ideas.
Submodule 1: Leading Digital Transformation
Business and IT strategy & alignment
The academic foundations of value creation from information technology are laid out and complemented with tools, models and exercises in order to define the value of digital assets in your organization and to measure the alignment between your current digital and business strategy.
Governance and management of enterprise IT
Building on the above, we continue with an articulated understanding of the value of technology within your organization. We will analyze the structures, processes and relational mechanisms (IT Governance) that influence the alignment, i.e. value creation, of your business and IT strategy. The COBIT® 2019 framework is used to help us with the prioritization process. Inspiring exercises and case studies by industry experts are illustrating the key learnings.
Strategy roadmaps for managing digital transformation – IT governance business game
All the learnings are brought together in a balanced scorecard in order to formulate a strategy road map which will enable your organization to move from the ‘as is’ situation to the desired ‘to be’ situation. A highly interactive business game and the creation of your own business case will guarantee the clear link from theory to practice.
Submodule 2: Mastering Digital Disruption
Exploration of contemporary emerging and potential disruptive technologies, i.e. explore how they can impact business and income models;
Hands-on support to start using these technologies by following the principles of Understand – Shape – Embed (U-S-E);
- Understand: how do these technologies work and how and where can they applied;
- Shape: teaching and coaching on how you can turn your technological ideas into real business cases and lead disruption in your company by building narratives in order to convince stakeholders;
- Embed: learn how to scout for new technologies and how to organize your company in order to quickly identify and react on new technology trends.
Expertise Value innovation Pricing Additive Manufacturing Design Thinking In 2006, Andries graduated from the (now) University of Antwerp as a Master of Integrated Product Development. He has worked in several different roles across a broad variety of industries, from start-ups to multination...
Function Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship Expertise Technology-market search and linking Entrepreneurial team formation and processes New venture adaptation Entrepreneurial strategy (Social) Psychology & entrepreneurship Biography Robin De Cock is an assistant professor of ent...
Function Academic Director Executive Master of Enterprise IT Architecture Academic Director Executive Master of IT Governance and Assurance Academic Director full-time Master in Management Expertise Digital Strategies IT Governance & Management IT Strategy and Alignment IT Value & P...
Dr. Anant Joshi is an Assistant Professor of Information Management at the department of Accounting and Information Management at Maastricht University's School of Business and Economics. He is also a visiting scholar at the University of Antwerp and Antwerp Management School (Belgium). He holds ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.