Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Business leaders involved in digital transformation who need an execution-focused understanding of the process
- Functional leaders and middle managers with advanced knowledge of digital strategy seeking a practical, step-by-step approach to digital business transformation
- Practitioners seeking insights into proven solutions to the common pitfalls of digital implementation
- Alumni of Digital Disruption, Digital Execution, Leading Digital Business Transformation, and other IMD digital-focused programs who wish to deepen their practical knowledge of the transformation execution process, individually or with team members
About the course
- Learn how to set up and implement a successful digital transformation
- Understand how to maximize ROI from digital projects
- Get ready to address the people and culture-related challenges of digital transformation
- Know how to respond faster and more effectively to digital disruption
- Prepare yourself to transition your organization into a digital business
Implement and accelerate your organization’s digital transformation
Digital transformation has become a necessity, yet research suggests that 87% of digital transformation initiatives fail to meet expectations. If you’ve been tasked with implementing your organization’s digital transformation, you need to be aware of the pitfalls you will inevitably encounter and be familiar with experience-based best practices.
This program is based on a decade of research on digital transformation and hundreds of interviews with business leaders involve in it. It will enable you to:
- Discover best practices for implementing the digital transformation of your business
- Accelerate and take the risk out of digital transformation by drawing on real-world experiences
- Develop a clear mental roadmap of the main challenges you will face, and a toolbox of actionable solutions to them
You can take this program as a standalone course or as part of the IMD Digital Excellence Diploma.
Your learning journey
Your five-week journey will take you through the entire digital transformation process, from initiation to implementation, scaling, and the point when digital is firmly anchored within an organization and needs to be sustained. You will not only prepare to address the main challenges at every stage of the process, but will also translate these learnings into actionable steps for your organization.
Each week of the program requires 4-6 hours of time commitment and includes clear learning objectives and deliverables to help you self-measure the impact of your learning. You will be accompanied by a dedicated executive coach who provides you with weekly feedback and support, and helps you translate what you learn to your own context.
- UNIT 1 Getting started
- UNIT 2 Ramping up execution
- UNIT 3 Capturing value
- UNIT 4 Engaging stakeholders
- UNIT 5 Sustaining performance
Michael R. Wade is a Professor of Innovation and Strategy at IMD and holds the Cisco Chair in Digital Business Transformation. He is the Director of the Global Center for Digital Business Transformation, an IMD and Cisco Initiative. Professor Wade has published works on a variety of topics, incl...
Didier Bonnet is Affiliate Professor of Strategy and Digital Transformation at IMD. Professor Bonnet areas of expertise cover digital economics, digital strategy, innovation and the process of large-scale digital transformation for global corporations. He is also a strategy consultant and EVP wit...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.