Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The Digital Transformation in Financial Services programme is ideal for finance professionals – both from large- or medium-sized organisations as well as startups – who are looking to advance their careers. The goal of the programme is to equip you with hands-on knowledge of the tools that drive digital transformation as well as to give you an overview of the emerging trends in fintech and how they apply to business environments. If you are seeking a programme that helps you navigate the changing financial services landscape, build your technical skills, and move into a leadership role, this is the programme for you.
About the course
The Digital Transformation in Financial Services programme offered by Imperial College Business School Executive Education is a six-month, immersive learning journey that will provide you with an overview of the technologies and trends in banking and financial services. You will also gain a comprehensive understanding of the fintech tools that you need for data-based decision-making and driving customer strategy.
of banking and financial services organisations say that digital strategy is led primarily by non-tech executives.
of banking and financial services organisations say that improving customer experience is the top driver for digital transformation.
Benefits for you:
- Gain a broad understanding of the current financial services landscape
- Develop an understanding of the key global economic drivers behind digital transformation in the banking and financial services industry along with the challenges and opportunities it presents
- Build capabilities in data analytics, blockchain, cryptocurrency, machine learning and other fintech tools and understand how they can be used for data-based decision-making
- Interact with industry leaders and gain valuable first-hand insights on the successes and failures of digital transformation at various organisations through case studies and real-life examples
- Build a global network of contacts and resources to broaden your thinking on digital transformation
Benefits for your organisation:
- Better understand the challenges and opportunities of digital transformation in the banking and financial services industry
- Know the barriers that organisations face in implementing digital transformation and how to overcome them
- Identify the most effective digital channels to reach your customers and build strong customer-brand relationships to engage them
- Effectively use data and fintech tools to predict customer behaviour and convert customer engagement into sales
- Plan and implement measurement frameworks to judge the success of your digital transformation strategy
What you will learn
The six-month learning journey features live faculty lectures followed by Q&A, workshops and project work. You will learn through case studies and real-world examples presented by our renowned faculty and guest lecturers who are leading industry practitioners. You will also engage with an experienced and accomplished group of fellow participants from the global financial services industry who bring diverse experiences and perspectives to the classroom.
- Game-changing technologies for digital transformation
- Global financial services context
- Understanding the digital financial services ecosystem
- Banks and fintech integration
- Sources of value in a digital world
- Disruptive business models
- Digital banking threats and opportunities
- Executing your digital transformation
When you will learn
Module 1 | Live Online and Asynchronous Online
- Pre-programme preparation
- Orientation session for online component
- Live session: technology and transformation in financial services
- Game-changing technologies: artificial intelligence and automation
- Game-changing technologies: big data analytics
Module 2 | London
- Global economic environment
- Capital markets and central banking
- The future of money
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Banks and fintech integration
- Machine learning and data analytics applications
Module 4 | London
- Disruptive business models
- Framework for implementing a digital transformation
- Customers in the digital age
- Customer experience
- Marketing of financial services
Education DPhil, University of Oxford, 1980; MPhil, University of Oxford, 1979; BA, University of East Anglia, 1977 Career and Recent Professional Awards; Teaching Awards The Class of 1984 Teaching Award, 1996, 1997; Helen Kardon Moss Anvil Award, 1993, 1999; Excellence in Teaching Award (Graduat...
Summary Dr Andreas B. Eisingerich is Professor of Marketing at Imperial College Business School and Programme Director of the Full-Time MBA. He holds a BSc degree from the London School of Economics, and a PhD from the University of Cambridge, Judge Business School, where he also earned his maste...
Summary David Miles is Professor of Financial Economics at Imperial College Business School. Between May 2009 and September 2015 he was a member of the Monetary Policy Committee at the Bank of England. His current research focuses on policy issues connected with financial stability, the housing ...
As both an independent business consultant working on a one-to-one basis and as part of a team on larger access to finance programmes, workshops and seminars, Helene has worked with both start-up and high growth small and medium sized businesses. She has worked extensively with intermediaries, ad...
Daniel has been working in Digital Marketing for the past 19 years, with extensive experience working both client side and within the agency environment. He is a Course Director for the CIM, a certified Google Squared trainer and a lecturer at Imperial College and Cranfield School of Management. ...
Deeph has extensive experience of working on world leading STEM in academia, industry and government. He is Professor of Practice within Imperial's Business School, Deputy Director of the Institute for Security Science Technology and is co-founder of the UK-Goverment funded Research Institute in ...
Professor Tucci received the degrees of Ph.D. in Management from the Sloan School of Management, MIT; SM (Technology & Policy) from MIT; and BS (Mathematical Sciences), AB (Music), and MS (Computer Science) from Stanford University. He was an industrial computer scientist involved in developi...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.