Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Business leaders have come to understand that ‘DIGITAL’ has become the hygiene factor for business today, and it has the disruptive power to upend traditional business models. They realize that it’s time to define a business transformation strategy that is inspired by the capabilities of technologies such as cloud, mobility, analytics, social media, IoT, blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, augmented/virtual reality, 3D printing, Industry 4.0, and others. Yet many companies are falling behind the competition in the strategic use of digital technology simply because their non-technical managers are clueless about the suitable business use cases arising out of these technologies. These senior leaders are lagging behind, as they are unable to fathom the multifarious facets of ‘DIGITAL’ through a business lens – explained in simpler terms using the language of management. Unless demystified non-technically, digital technologies will remain an enigma to them, preventing them from thinking the ‘DIGITAL’ way. They will continue to struggle to figure out which technology will work for the company, and how to embrace those without much hiccup. Keeping this emergent requirement in mind, this programme provides a comprehensive foundation for understanding the digital technologies in a simple non-technical manner to help the managers overcome their digital deficiency.
The programme is designed to help business managers feel comfortable with digital technologies so that they can participate confidently in digital investment decision processes, can propose where digital fits into their organizations, can recommend how to generate value from digital, and can innovate ways to leverage digital better for competitive advantage. They will also come to know where digital is heading to, how to maintain a digital focus, and how to govern digital portfolio well. Being armed with real-life examples that can be used to adjust and improve their organizational processes, managers will walk away thinking confidently about the business disruptions brought about by the digital technologies. They will gather the basic skill to drive enhanced business performance through the use of digital technology, work with digital experts toward making better decisions, and take part in digital transformational changes in their organizations.
*KEY TOPICS: *
Keeping focus on digital leadership and technology strategy for today’s global environment, key areas of discussion will include:
- Thinking Digital: Exposure through use cases to the digital technology portfolio consisting of cloud, mobility, analytics, social media, IoT, blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, augmented/virtual reality, Industry 4.0, and others.
- Digital Platform: How to build a well-managed, standardized, shared digital architecture which will be the foundation of digital platform designed for business agility. A digital platform evolves over time with the induction of exponential technologies, such as IoT, artificial intelligence, blockchain, augmented/virtual reality, 3D printing, and Deep learning, on top of the basic platform created with cloud, mobility, analytics, and social media.
- Platform Business Model: How digitalization is leading to the creation of ‘digital twins’ on digital platforms based on which innovative business models are coming up. How Industrial IoT and Industry 4.0 are aiming at mass customization for customer delight, predictive maintenance, smart manufacturing, etc.
- Digital Ecosystem: How to form an ecosystem of interdependent groups of enterprises, people, data, and/ or things by sharing standardized digital platforms. The ecosystem partners enable collaboration and provide mutually beneficial results to all stakeholders involved. The ultimate goal is to create a digitally integrated business ecosystem that can quickly adapt to the ever-changing needs of market.
- Digital Strategy & Governance: Digital technologies are game-changing in helping solve customer problems because they deliver three critical capabilities: ubiquitous data, unlimited connectivity, and massive automation. Those capabilities make possible entirely new revenue streams. However, any digital strategy to be effective requires active involvement from top management in governing the digital maturity through rapid adoption and exploitation
Who should attend
This program is designed for business managers, function heads, SBU heads, team leaders, and supervisors (irrespective of their domain of work), who want to gain a managerial perspective of the role digital technologies can play within their organizations. The content is especially relevant for non-technical managers with digital responsibilities. Notwithstanding, technical managers may also find this programme useful to gain a better perspective on how to work productively with the company’s business executives.
Trust the experts
Dr. Debashis Saha, a Professor in the MIS area, has been teaching IT for more than 25 years now. In the full-time executive programmes in IIMC, he has designed and delivered IoT-related courses for Managers, Team Leaders, and Senior Executives. He has delivered several thought-leadership lectures...