Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
Learn about how social media has provided new ways to create and experience media-rich narrative, as well as how the creative use of digital tools can offer exciting new possibilities for collaboration and sharing. Explore the essentials of storytelling and its use as an educational and marketing tool in this online environment. Discuss issues related to quality of content, memes, what it means to go viral and the quality of writing specific to the online environment.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Reflect upon current online technologies and platforms and their suitability for narrative.
- Read, experience, and critique nonlinear and multimodal texts.
- Use editing, storytelling, and other narrative techniques for effective social media content creation.
- Apply key concepts and methods related to content creation for social media platforms, while developing awareness of the different techniques required for each platform.
- Apply strong writing, editing, and critiquing skills for social networks and digital media.
- Choose social media communications strategies appropriate for the needs of the voluntary, public, or private sector contexts.
- Critique digital communications inc
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.