Who should attend
This is a course for anyone who wants a solid foundation into the craft of digital copywriting. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
About the course
This highly interactive virtual course is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals of effective copywriting. Over a six-week period, you’ll join a group of fellow participants for a weekly 1.5-hour session led by a highly experienced trainer and former advertising creative director. Each session builds on the previous one to increase your knowledge and build your confidence through practical writing exercises and group discussion.
We will start by exploring best-practice techniques and approaches to the writing process and move on to examine the strategies used by writers to establish rapport with their readers – profiling audiences, making active choices over messaging and changing tone of voice.
You will have an opportunity to practise writing effective headlines that engage readers, while also picking up tips for creating compelling content across a range of digital channels, including web pages, email and social media.
The course culminates with a challenge during the final webinar, in which you’ll have an opportunity to put into practice some of the skills you’ve acquired over the preceding five weeks.
- Week 1: Fundamental approaches to copywriting
- Week 2: Building relationships with specific audiences
- Week 3: How to construct effective headlines
- Week 4: Tips for writing for web and email
- Week 5: Tips for writing for social and content
- Week 6: Writing challenge
- A solid understanding of the digital copywriter’s craft
- Greater confidence in approaching copywriting tasks
- An appreciation of the challenges presented by different media and digital channels
- Awareness of techniques used by writers to establish a rapport with their audience
- Ability to craft effective headlines to encourage engagement
Train your team
This CIM course can be delivered on site for corporate teams and can be tailored to your specific requirements. For details contact email@example.com
The CIM experience
- Expert trainers - Passionate specialists who keep up to date with the latest trends in their field.
- Quality delivery - Trainers are assessed annually on the quality of their delivery and delegate engagement.
- Practical training methods - Theory and practical based training to takeback to the office.
- Small class sizes - No more than 15 people to ensure you get the most from our trainers.
- Wide breadth of topics - Marketers should understand marketing as a whole, not just digital.
- 3 learning levels - Principles, Intermediate and Advanced
Jonathan Gabay is an award-winning copywriter and digital specialist who works with leading corporates on websites, blogs, video, social and much more. Some of the world’s biggest brands and organisations turn to him for advice and development on all aspects of content including strategy and inte...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.