Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Olin Business School.Full disclaimer.
n today’s collaborative environment, getting things done requires the ability to work across silos, through differences and around a variety of unexpected obstacles. The ability to handle difficult conversations — with direct reports, peers, customers, partners or suppliers — is key to your ability to lead effectively. This interactive session, designed by members of the Harvard Negotiation Project, will offer a framework and practical skills for handling conflict and making sound decisions while maintaining good working relationships.
- Triggers that make you lose your best skills
- Systematic cognitive biases and heuristics that hamper learning and decision-making
- Physiology of emotion and the impacts on cognition
- Costs and benefits of different approaches to handling disputes
- Diagnose causes of difficulty in conversations
- Make counterparts comfortable sharing honest information
- Foster curiosity and willingness to listen to a counterpart