Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for senior managers and executives who rely heavily on relationships for success, and must motivate and connect with a diverse group of people through verbal communication.
About the course
As a leader, your ability to make things happen is contingent on your how much your influence inspires and motivates those around you.
The best communicators understand that exhibiting a strong presence goes well beyond the words they choose to say. How and where a message is delivered are equally important.
This highly interactive experiential online program will stretch you to think differently. You'll first learn concepts using topics not found in a typical work context, encouraging creativity and experimentation. Then you'll apply new skills to address real workplace challenges, including how to establish an authentic and engageing virtual presence when communicating remotely.
Expert facilitators work in virtual groups and personalized 1-1 virtual coaching sessions to help you deepen your awareness of personal strengths and development areas and address your real business communication challenges.
Enrollment is limited to maintain low student-facilitator ratios.
The approach is built on a 4-part model for Leadership Presence Mastery:
- Personal Presence: The ability to present yourself and your ideas with authenticity, authority and inspiration by integrating the four core areas of your own unique personal communication style: voice, body, mind and emotion.
- Social Presence: The ability to build and maintain trust, social capital and influence with your teams and stakeholders by generating connection and engagement at every interaction.
- Virtual Presence: The ability to leverage your full toolkit of personal video conference presence skills in order to heighten your online presence and effectively influence your audiences across the screen.
- Transformational Presence: The ability to tap into and effectively articulate your most important personal and organizational values in order to craft a fulfilling and meaningful identity as a leader in a rapidly changing world.
Personalized Coaching Included
Each participant will receive 1-hour of one-on-one coaching with the instructor, for personalized feedback on your individual leadership presence, identifying existing strengths and recommendations for future development.
- Inspire, motivate and lead more effectively
- Build more positive relationships
- Deliver succinct, clear and articulate messages
- Get more buy-in from your team, colleagues, and clients
- Learn how to use your authentic, unique personality to connect more strongly to those around you
- Learn how to be persuasive and influential in a virtual environment
- More effective and inspiring leaders
- Improved motivation amongst employees
- More authentic communicators in your leadership team
Built on a 4-part model for Leadership Presence Mastery
Honing Personal Style for Projecting Confidence and Competence
- Deepen your awareness and skills with practice and personal coaching in emotion, imagination, spontaneity, passion and energy to develop a powerful and authentic leadership presence brand and style.
- Experience our best-in-class immersive, entertaining and interactive video conference social learning curriculum.
- Identify and explore your own professional communication goals and aspirations that will form the blue-print of your learning journey
Building Trust and Relationship through Self-Reflection, Listening and Empathy
- Explore and identify your own personal and professional values in order to build a foundation for your leadership communication brand.
- Learn and practice a toolkit of techniques for managing work-life balance, personal energy, "zoom fatigue" and authentic social engagement in the virtual world.
- Using narrative intelligence (metaphor and story-telling) as an effective tool for sharing personal experiences, selling your ideas and building relationships
Consultative Dialogue, Client and Customer Interaction and Team Leadership
- Deepen your ability to listen deeply and dialogue with clients and customers, internal teams and external stakeholders in order to remotely facilitate engaged and collaborative creative processes.
- Explore and integrate models and frameworks for virtual leadership that will allow you to excel in the emerging hybrid world of live and remote organizational communication.
- Learn and refine your skills as a trusted advisor, people manager and coach.
Application Clinic: Feedback and Coaching on Applying Presence and Communication Skills to Real Work-place Scenarios
- Practice the skills of communicating in high-stakes, challenging internal and client situations that require careful problem-solving techniques and solutions grounded in emotional intelligence
- Work closely with your learning team to apply skills, rehearse scenarios and receive individualized coaching and feedback on your style and effectiveness and a team leader in your own real-time situations.
- Envision a future learning path for your growth and mastery of Leadership Presence as a set of skills that will support your evolution and success in your life and career.
Christopher von Baeyer, Senior Consultant with the Ariel Group Inc, is an actor and educator who specializes in the integration of theatre and human development. Over the course of his 20-year career, he has coached thousands of men and women in the art of public speaking, emotional intelligence ...
Richard Richards has traveled wide and far in his varied leadership and training roles in the corporate world. Originally from the UK, he has lived and worked in the USA, Germany, Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Hong Kong. While leading teams in Australia, Korea, Israel, China, Mariana Islands, G...
Cara Barrineau has an extensive background in communications, business, and the arts. She brings 11 years of coaching experience and 23 years of professional acting experience to her role as a trainer and coach. She is passionate about creating a supportive and challenging environment to help eac...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.