Who should attend
- Experienced professionals looking to make a job change from a frontline position to a more strategic role in human resources
- Young or emerging professionals with a desire to recruit and promote the next generation of workers and leaders for their organization
- Experienced professionals or professionals re-entering the workforce who desire to put their extensive organizational experience into practice by identifying and developing top talent
About the course
“Culture” has become a buzzword in organizational development. Company culture has become as important for prospective employees (especially to Millennial and Gen Z workers), as compensation and benefits packages. Recruiting and hiring for “cultural fit” has taken on an equally important deciding factor for HR as experience and technical acumen. In short, your culture can be a key differentiator for your organization in attracting, hiring and retaining top talent. How can you ensure that your culture is connecting with your people—both your current employees and those you’re hoping to attract? How can you create and continually develop your culture?
The Developing Organizational Culture course helps you to better understand how the mission, vision and goals of your organization not only fuel performance, but also serve to establish the values and shape the attitudes that connect your people and create your culture.
Through three primary focus areas, the course will provide you with the tools and techniques to evaluate the current state of your organization’s culture, understand culture within the context of your industry and the larger global business environment and formulate adjustments in attitudes and values where necessary, and strategically develop and leverage your culture to connect and grow your employees and your organization’s relationships with consumers and key business partners — both locally and around the world.
What You’ll Learn:
Evaluating Your Organization’s Culture
- Define culture and its impact, both organizationally and personally
- Understand cultural differences across the world and their impact on the global business environment
- Analyze different value systems and how they shape attitudes and culture
- Gain different expert perspectives on the importance of cultural relationships and apply to develop a cultural antenna in your organization
Adjusting Culture Through Attitude
- Develop methodologies for utilizing the “culture web” in your organization
- Understand the context of the changing cultural environment
- Establish HR’s role in continual culture creation by applying human resources management through job redesign, role analysis and skills training
Recognize dilemmas and tensions caused by contradictory organizational objectives and how your culture can help reconcile and leverage for highly desirable outcomes
Aligning Your Culture to the Global Environment
Understand your culture within the global context and the issues facing international business leadership
Identify and overcome cultural differences in communication and nonverbal negotiating behaviors
Adopt best practices in recognizing and alleviating tensions in multicultural situations
Gain insight into various cultures using the Spony Profiling Model and apply the model to analyze potential differences and evaluate how to best adapt to other cultures
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.