Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The programme is of special relevance to High Potential employees in middle to senior management positions across medium to large organizations. Experienced entrepreneurs are also encouraged to apply.
About the course
Leadership in contemporary growth oriented organizations requires a combination of operational expertise and positive interpersonal orientations. While there is some understanding that a careful mix is important to drive organizations to the next level of performance, few managers and leaders have a strong foundation and understanding of what they possess, and what they need to do, to in order to meet the multiple and diverse expectations required of them.
According to Hogan and Warrenfeltz (2003), some of the skills required to navigate a successful career include:
- Intrapersonal Skills: self- awareness, self- control, emotional maturity, integrity
- Interpersonal skills: social skill, empathy, persuasion and relationship management
- Business skills: ability to plan, organize, monitor and use resources
- Leadership skills: ability to build and maintain a team, lead through others
This programme is aimed at helping mid to senior level managers to assess and develop core leadership competencies required to be effective leaders.
Specifically the programme will focus on:
- An understanding of the leadership competencies required to be successful in today’s environment
- Understanding and exploring one’s own leadership and interpersonal styles and identifying gaps/areas of improvement
- Developing influencing skills and persuasion
- Mentoring and Coaching skills
- Leading and managing change
- Managing teams
- Managing culture
The modules in the program would revolve around:
- Overview of competencies required in contemporary high growth globalizing environment
- Intrapersonal assessment – Self-awareness
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Decision making in tough times
- Building and maintaining teams
- Dilemmas in leadership
Prof. Leena Chatterjee completed her Masters in Psychology from Delhi University and her PhD from IIT, Kanpur. She teaches compulsory courses on Understanding People, Interpersonal Relationships and Group Dynamics in Organisations and offers electives on Managing Self in Organisations; Communicat...
Prof. Abhishek Goel (Fellow-IIMA) is active in teaching and consulting in areas of leadership development, team building, cross-cultural management, and organisational culture. His current research interests are in the area of Employee Engagement and Organisational Citizenship Behaviors. His publ...