Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Anyone wanting to raise personal efficiency levels and improve effectiveness
- Administrators and Secretaries
- Management and Professional Staff
- People who want to succeed in an office environment
- All Staff working in groups and project teams
- Anyone wanting ideas for handling information overload in daily life
About the course
Do you want to improve your performance at work? This seminar will help you develop your skills that are essential to being really effective at work. It teaches powerful approaches to handling information (including techniques for quickly finding key points in what you are reading) and gives useful suggestions about how to organise your thoughts and get your point across in emails, meetings, interviews and presentations.
How good is your memory? You'll get a chance to test your recall skills and then be shown how to use simple memory systems to remember information.
And what about relationships at work? You'll learn strategies for dealing with "difficult" people and for working in groups. The seminar is fun, practical and inter-active. You'll develop your skills with easy to follow individual tasks and with enjoyable group activities.
The Oxford seminar offer great tips on:
- How to get your point across clearly
- How to quickly find key messages in what you read (in documents and on the web)
- Improving communications with "difficult" people
- Dealing with "time stealers" and organising your time to better achieve results
- Clear thinking techniques
- Improve your effectiveness at work
- Take you to the next stage in efficient reading and note -making techniques
- Update and Develop your approach to time management
- Build your confidence in your ability to remember things
- Help you improve inter-personal communications and team-working skills
- Memory Magic: How to Remember Things
- Use Mind Mapping, The Extraordinary Note-Making, Planning, Thinking and Memory Tool
- Taking your Reading to the Next Level (Read Better, Read Faster)
- Strategies for Improving Communications with "Difficult" People
- The Powerful Influence of "Body Language" (Speaking without Words)
- Getting your Point Across: Know What to Say and When to Say It
- Dealing with Time-Wasters (How to Protect your Productive Time)
- Planning (What You have to Do); and Prioritisation (What You Must Do First)
- Thinking and Working in Teams
- Handling Information Overload at Work
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.