Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
Team leadership and management play important roles in team success. These roles include anticipating the future while dealing with constant change, and maximizing a diversity of strengths while respecting differences. In this workshop, participants will learn about the benefits of creating a positive team culture and what it takes to boost a team’s well-being and productivity. Assessing team dynamics will guide participants in exploring the concept of team agreements, principles and shared values.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the attributes and operating principles of high-performance teams.
- Recognize how teams function and the importance of trust.
- Practice team management functions such as planning, delegating, and networking.
- Evaluate traditional and emerging team leadership models and their connections to motivation and engagement.
- Create a healthy team culture using concepts of shared responsibility, positivity, and meaningfulness.
Course at a glance
- In-class, face-to-face delivery.
- Hands-on course based on active student participation; class dynamics include group work, classroom discussions, and short lectures.
- Aimed at professionals in supervisory roles who wish to upgrade their skills and aspiring leaders ready to invest in their career prospects.
- All course resources and learning materials are provided in-class.
- This is an attendance-basis, non-graded course.
- Learning activities are completed exclusively in class (no pre- or post-course work required).
The former mayor of St. Albert (Alberta), Nolan Crouse spent 30 years in management and executive roles in companies such as Procter and Gamble, West Fraser Timber, and Alberta Energy Company (EnCana). He is a past recipient of the prestigious Pulp and Paper John Bates Award, received the Rotary ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.