Developing an Asset Management Strategy
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Hotel Administration.Full disclaimer.
The hotel asset manager’s responsibility is to manage lodging investments to meet specific objectives. Their role in building value is analyzed at both the portfolio and the property level. In this course, Professor deRoos focuses on the importance of developing a strategic vision for asset management and explores the latest asset management techniques in pursuit of that strategic vision.
During this course, you will examine the role of the asset manager in real estate portfolio management and learn how to develop a strategic vision. You will also learn how to create an asset management plan designed to meet long-term financial goals, create forecasts, and build models that analyze sell versus hold alternatives and make optimal recommendations consistent with the asset management strategy and plan.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Analyze the asset manager's role in building value at both the portfolio and the property level
- Develop a strategic vision for asset management
- Create an asset management plan for a property's long-term needs
- Model sell-versus-hold decisions, the optimal holding period, and make recommendations for individual assets
Module 1 - Portfolio Management
- Why Real Estate in the Portfolio?
- Economics of Portfolio Management
Module 2 - Asset Management
- The Asset Management Process
- Highest and Best Use Forecasting
- Creating the Asset Management Plan
Module 3 - Sell Versus Hold Decisions
- Sell Versus Hold Strategies
- Selling and Holding
- Making the Decision
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers and professionals with financial or operational responsibility of hotel real estate, investments, financing, or asset management including asset managers, and portfolio managers; professionals working for or aspiring to work for real estate funds, REITs, real estate developers, real estate advisory firms, and others affiliated with the creation and use of real estate as a financial asset, focused on hotel real estate investment projects.