Designing Strategy for Results
Good strategy creates value for customers and captures value for an organisation and its stakeholders. But good strategy does not come from analysis and strategic planning alone. To design innovative and relevant strategy that delivers results, you must learn how to develop insights into your overarching business problem, and the problem’s context. With these insights, you can begin to design strategic business solutions that link execution to results.
Designing Strategy for Results is a two-day course that will teach you how to integrate design, innovation, and execution into strategy. In the course, you will apply strategy frameworks and tools to live case studies and your own organisational scenarios, which will give you a deeper understanding of strategy building.
Additional strategic review option
As a course follow up exercise, you will have the option of a ‘strategic review’ of your own organisation’s strategy with your course facilitator. This review will involve on the spot detailed feedback and recommendations.
Building your capability through
After completing the course, you will know how to:
- apply new strategy building concepts, such as Value Logic and Strategy as Design
- design and reverse design business models using new strategy tools, such as the Customer Value Canvas and Strategy Mapping
- use strategic initiatives management as the basis for strategy execution
- understand and use tools to creatively develop alternative strategic futures
- better collaborate with senior managers and board members when developing strategy.
Who should attend
This course is designed for middle to senior managers who want to develop their strategy skills beyond the traditional approach to strategic planning.