Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Western Australia Business School.Full disclaimer.
Designing Strategy into Action: A Masterclass in Design Thinking...from Insights to Innovation.
In increasingly complex times, innovation and collaboration skills are becoming vital to all types of businesses; and both principles are essential in Design Thinking.
Design thinking brings together what is desirable from a human-centred point of view with what is technologically feasible and economically viable within any organisation or sector. Design Thinking is a contemporary and innovative approach to devising strategy and managing change.
This Masterclass will lead you through the design thinking process and explore how human-centred design can help develop innovative solutions, through the use of creative tools to address the complex challenges faced by the public, private, co-operative and mutual, and not-for-profit sectors.
The program is centred on an exclusive "ExperienceInnovation" simulation, which steps participants through the design thinking concepts and process. The program will be delivered at the University of Western Australia’s Accelerated Learning Laboratory. Together with current Harvard case studies, the Design Thinking masterclass invites participants to explore their own organisational challenges focusing on their “Burning Platforms” and accelerate innovation to cultivate effective solutions.
The presenters on this program are the first in Western Australia to be accredited in this approach, having completed the prestigious “ExperienceInnovation” US Accreditation.
- Explore what design is and how design thinking can be used to solve business challenges
- Understand how to apply design thinking principles within your own organisation to tackle complex strategic challenges and drive innovation
- Learn design thinking observation techniques to better understand your stakeholder’s mindset; your stakeholder's unmet needs; and the context relevant for your own organisation
- Moving ideas into action through the practice of ideating and rapid prototyping
- Sharpen your observations skills through taking part in the unique ‘Design Thinker’ Simulation.
Who should attend
The program is designed for those in senior leadership roles within public and private sector organisations who are involved in the development of policy and strategy. The program will promote Design Thinking as an approach for leaders to become more agile and adaptive to deal with increasing uncertainty, complexity and change.