Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with DeGroote School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
A Blueprint for Planning, Executing and Innovating
Faced with rapid and unpredictable disruption, successful companies are turning to proven design practices to change the way they plan, execute, and innovate across the organization. Design Thinking is a deeply collaborative and data-driven process used to connect with customers and cultivate competitive advantage. A recent report by the World Economic Forum identified core elements of Design Thinking – Complex Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, and Creativity as the top three skills people and organizations need to thrive in the fourth industrial revolution. Whether you are a team lead or senior executive, this course gives you the understanding and practical skills to apply the powerful practice of design thinking in your everyday business operation.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Organize and lead a design thinking session with confidence
- Describe the core building blocks of the design thinking framework, and common variations
- Understand the design thinking process and how it is used to unlock organizational creativity and agility
- Describe how to use the design thinking process to define and prioritize change initiatives
- Assess and articulate the appropriate use of design thinking
- Apply the design thinking practice to develop new products, processes, and solutions to complex business problems
- Understand the essential tools and tactics used in the application of the design thinking process
Who should attend
This course is for anyone that wants to build a deeper understanding of what Design Thinking is, how it is applied, and how to plan and lead a Design Thinking session.
Trust the experts
Jonathan Carrigan is a passionate thought leader with over 15 years experience working at the intersection of technology, strategy, and design. Most recently, Jonathan was a founding member of a corporate transformation office at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) that oversaw and guided ...