Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Senior management charged with accelerating innovation in their organisations
- Strategy heads looking for a source of competitive advantage
- Designers who want to rejuvenate and hone their existing skills
- Managers and entrepreneurs aiming to grow their businesses
About the course
A human centered approach to innovation that draws from the designer’s toolkit to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology and the requirements of business success(c) Tim Brown
Design Thinking is an innovative approach to address intractable problems that businesses face. One of the key elements of Design Thinking is its human centered approach that has revolutionized a range of industries from technology to services, health care to urban planning and beyond. Design Thinking not only supports but also enhance business strategy of companies across sectors.
Design Thinking utilizes empathy and careful observation to engage with challenges that have, in the past, escaped even a clear definition. This leads to new possibilities which are then prototyped and tested leading to creative solutions. The Design Thinking approach has been found particularly useful for companies looking to solve ‘wicked problems’ that are difficult to define and on which past data does not help.
A highlight of this program is the Design Sprint. Participants will identify a problem, analyze challenge areas around it and gather key insights. They will then- via multiple cycles of convergent and divergent thinking-ideate and brainstorm to formulate a point of view. Finally, with the aid of visualization techniques and story-telling, participants will operationalise their ideas into specific solutions.
The programme includes discussions around some of the most contemporary concepts in the field of innovation and aims at assuring that participants are well-versed with latest tools and techniques that can be used to solve a large variety of challenging problems
To understand the process of Design Thinking for nurturing innovation
Learn how to be both analytical and creative in order to generate solutions for challenging problems
Inculcate a unique methodology to solve ‘wicked problems’
Strengths of the program
Focus on successful Design Thinking approaches adopted by world class organisations to achieve and sustain a competitive advantage.
Guided by experienced faculty with global expertise
Hands on exercise to equip participants with latests tools and techniques in Design Thinking
The sessions will address topics such as:
- What is Design Thinking and how does it differ from conventional approaches to problem solving?
- How can creative approaches like storytelling, visualization and journey mapping enable solutions to often intractable business problems?
- How can the Design Thinking process address complex problems across a wide spectrum?
- How do you discover new business models using Design Thinking cycles?
- Vision in the Dark: activities undertaken in pitch darkness where participants learn to empathize with the visually challenged while enhancing other senses.
- An intense Design Sprint where participants, in pre-assigned teams, will identify a group problem and work on finding solutions by techniques like visualization, journey mapping, concept development etc.
Educational Qualifications Fellow Program in Management (FPM) - Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) - Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi Indian School Certificate (ISC) - St. Columba's School, New Delhi Professional Affiliation Academy of Manageme...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.