Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Senior executives who want to strengthen their ability to lead innovation and enhance their organisation’s innovation capability.
- Team leaders and managers seeking to develop and integrate cutting-edge creative practices into their business processes and corporate culture.
- Executives seeking to learn new problem-solving approaches to innovation, building upon creativity research, design thinking and lean startup.
- Participants coming in groups/teams to collaborate on Action Learning Project tailored to their organisation’s context.
About the course
Design is a transformational force that helps organisations develop products, services and experiences that connect and resonate with customers.
This enables meaningful and emotional differentiation in the eyes of consumers. Not surprisingly, design has become increasingly important in business circles and organisations are increasingly trying to understand and master the competitive advantage design can offer. To help organisations address today’s business challenges in innovative ways, business leaders are seeking to develop their creative and design thinking skills.
Building upon our 15 year partnership with ArtCenter College of Design in California - one of the most influential design schools in the world - INSEAD has developed a unique online programme to help business leaders integrate creative and design thinking with their business thinking for successful innovative problem-solving.
Design Thinking and Creativity for Business will take you on a hands-on learning journey that will help you develop the creative-thinking skills needed to innovate in any organisational context. By elevating your creative skills, you will return to work able to develop and support a creative culture within your organisation. A culture that is capable of confidently pushing and sustaining innovative efforts.
How you benefit
- Master the skills you need to sustain creative and design thinking capabilities
- Acquire the mindset and managerial levers you need to develop an innovative organisational culture
- Equip you with a methodology to put design thinking into actions
- Learn how to solve problems creatively in any setting by collaborating with design coaches
- Action Learning Project to apply the learning in your personal or your organisation’s context
Over 5 weeks, Design Thinking and Creativity for Business will help participants learn how to innovate by using the power of design to get inspired by user insights, generate innovative solution paths, and refine ideas iteratively. The experiential programme format, together with the support of design coaches, maximises the programme’s educational value and outcome.
- Understand problems from a human perspective
- Find meaningful purpose behind any innovation
- Learn novel ways to uncover insights
- The essence of creativity
- Unpack the creativity phenomenon
- Learn strategies to enable creative ideating
- Iterating in a 'quick and dirty' manner
- Design, evaluate and execute iterations
- Moving ideas to viable states
Creative Organisational Cultures
- Bring the power of design to your organisation
- How to conceive a creative organisational culture
- Management team to support a creative thinking culture
- Learn how to make transformation a reality
- Engage in the process of becoming more innovative
- The challenges and opportunities to be a more innovative organisation
Manuel E. Sosa is an Associate Professor of Technology and Operations Management and the Director of the Heinrich and Esther Baumann–Steiner Fund for Creativity and Business at INSEAD. He received a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from Universidad Simón Bolívar (Caracas, Venezuela) and an SM ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.