Who should attend
This course is targeted at individuals who are interested in designing IT solutions to address real world problems.
- Preferably have some understanding of how IT solutions can be used in the real world
- Completed the NICF-NUS-ISS Certificate in Digital Solutions Development - Foundations
About the course
This course will cover the Application Development Life Cycle using object oriented development technique with UML. You will learn how to analyse and design IT solutions that address business problems as well as the soft-skills required when analysing and designing IT solutions. This includes requirement gathering using fact gathering techniques such as survey, observation and interviews. You will also acquire basic IT project management skills based on Agile practices.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand user requirements through requirement gathering techniques
- Define the scope of IT solutions and how they can resolve business problems
- Design the back-end components supporting the solutions to be implemented in the distributed computing infrastructure
- Present their design using a set of recognised annotation and tools
- Plan and manage the project schedule and resources required to deliver the solutions through the agile way
Participants will be awarded with NUS-ISS Certificate in Digital Solutions Development - Design at the end of the course.
What Will Be Covered
- Business Modelling
- Requirement Analysis and Gathering
- System Design
- Database Design
- Project Management
Boon Kee is a consultant and lecturer at the Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore, with over twenty-four years of professional experience in project and product management. His focus is on consulting and teaching for professional development and post-graduate programmes ...
Yuen Kwan teaches courses in the areas of object-oriented technology and application development methodology. Prior to joining ISS, he was involved in application development projects in the government and transportation industries. He also led various large scale developments in business critica...
Felicitas is a member of the Project Management Practice at the Institute of System Science, NUS where she teaches and consults in project management practices and soft skills for post graduate students and industry professionals, working with corporate clients to deliver customized training for ...
Esther specialises in designing and developing internet / mobile solutions to support organisations' needs and business activities. Her current research areas include context aware, organizing and chunking information for mobile platform, mobile user interface design which includes visualization ...
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.