Consequently, current and potential members of supervisory and advisory boards require extensive qualifications. The Government Commission on the German Corporate Governance Code has consistently included executive education for supervisory board members in their standards of conduct catalog. In this program, we offer a special approach in which board members and supervisory board members qualify supervisory board members.
In an intensive exchange of experiences with active supervisory board members, participants will prepare themselves for future supervisory, administrative, and advisory tasks. They will deepen their knowledge and receive new input for the tasks ahead. At the same time, the foundation will be laid for a network of engaged, elected office holders that will last beyond the duration of the program.
Module 1: Requirements for the supervisory board
- Rights and obligations of the supervisory board; qualifications of the members; liability and insurance
- The daily operations of the supervisory board; cooperation with board of management
- The areas of supervision: corporate development, human resources development, supervisory board efficiency
Module 2: Finance and audit skills
- The areas of supervision: annual financial statements and risk management system
- Audit committee and financial expert
- Collaboration with the auditors
- Internal audits, compliance, corruption, and fraud
Module 3: Organizational and reporting competencies
- The organization of the supervisory board; supervisory board remuneration
- Periodic and aperiodic information to the supervisory board
- Internal and external communication; confidentiality
- Reporting to the general/annual or shareholders’ meeting
Who should attend
Supervisory or advisory board members, managing directors, and executive advisory staff, who work closely with supervisory boards, as well as corporate counsel and corporate governance officers.