Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Supervisory or advisory board members, managing directors, and executive advisory staff, who work closely with supervisory boards, as well as corporate counsel and corporate governance officers.
About the course
Consequently, current and potential members of supervisory and advisory boards require extensive qualifications. The Government Commission on the German Corporate Governance Code has consistently included executive education for supervisory board members in their standards of conduct catalog. In this program, we offer a special approach in which board members and supervisory board members qualify supervisory board members.
In an intensive exchange of experiences with active supervisory board members, participants will prepare themselves for future supervisory, administrative, and advisory tasks. They will deepen their knowledge and receive new input for the tasks ahead. At the same time, the foundation will be laid for a network of engaged, elected office holders that will last beyond the duration of the program.
Module 1: Requirements for the supervisory board
- Rights and obligations of the supervisory board; qualifications of the members; liability and insurance
- The daily operations of the supervisory board; cooperation with board of management
- The areas of supervision: corporate development, human resources development, supervisory board efficiency
Module 2: Finance and audit skills
- The areas of supervision: annual financial statements and risk management system
- Audit committee and financial expert
- Collaboration with the auditors
- Internal audits, compliance, corruption, and fraud
Module 3: Organizational and reporting competencies
- The organization of the supervisory board; supervisory board remuneration
- Periodic and aperiodic information to the supervisory board
- Internal and external communication; confidentiality
- Reporting to the general/annual or shareholders’ meeting
Ulrich Linnhoff is a member of ESMT's faculty as well as responsible for USW Netzwerk programs. He is a program director for the German-language programs "General Management Seminar", "Programm für junge Führungskräfte aus Unternehmer-Familien", "Betriebswirtschaft für Führungskräfte", "Der Aufsi...
Visiting Lecturer ESMT Berlin, co-founder and managing editor of the journal "Der Aufsichtsrat", and is a professor (currently on leave) of Business Administration at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, where he held the chair of General Business Administration, Taxation and Accounting, a...
Personal data Year of birth: 1955 Place of birth: Geldern Nationality: German Education 1976-1981 Studied law and economics at the universities of Cologne and Bochum 1981-1986 Research assistant at the Ruhr University Bochum 1988 Dr. rer. oec 1988 Visiting lecturer at Tongji University, Shan...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.