Who should attend
Managers at all levels who wish to be aware of emerging technologies such as Blockchain, as well as their potential impact on an organization’s future.
About the course
Trust is an essential element of the way individuals and businesses interact. It impacts how risks are assessed, allows for a sense of moral obligation, reduces transaction costs and leads to more flexible relationships. Blockchain is an emerging technology that represents a new and more developed form of trust. It also has the potential to fuel the next major economic expansion.
Blockchain is a distributed ledger that lets digital assets be transacted in real time, within a rules-based architecture—meaning no single entity controls it. The implications of this for business are enormous, from the acceptance and ease of use of smart devices to the development of new business models to the way value is distributed.
A practical knowledge of Blockchain is therefore essential for organizations and managers at all levels must gain familiarity with its concepts and applications. This webinar explores the components of Blockchain and how they fit together, as well as their impact on success in a Blockchain-enabled economy.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the relationship between trust, value creation, and Blockchain
- Review Blockchain applications in specific industry examples
- Distinguish how Blockchain differs from existing data architectures
- Discover the role of Blockchain in the Internet of Things (connectivity of objects)
- Explore how Blockchain can support new business models
How you will benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between trust, value creation, and Blockchain
- Describe the application of Blockchain using specific industry examples
- Describe the role of Blockchain in the Internet of Things (connectivity of objects)
Peter McAliney, PhD leads the Universities and Colleges Community of Interest for the Government Blockchain Association. Most recently, Dr. McAliney led the effort to introduce a blockchain curriculum into Montclair State University’s portfolio. In his early career, he focused on the application ...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.