Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This class is designed for participants wanting to take an in person class. Achieving Strategic Decision Quality is also available online.
About the course
You make decisions every day that affect your success. Leveraging an appropriate framework allows you to define the requirements of a quality decision and embrace uncertainty to your advantage. Collaborate in an interactive team environment on a complex decision, applying tools and techniques to a practical situation.
Strategic Decision and Risk Management
Clarify problems, explore available options, develop a structured framework, understand the impact, and commit to your choice.
This program is now available in Norway in partnership with Stavanger.
Our partnership with Stavanger University provides the option to attend this course in Norway as part of the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate.
Strategic Decision Professionals
Our partnership with SDG combines UT's academic research and SDG's real-world experience in decision consulting to create an unmatched learning experience.
- Learn a powerful collaborative Dialogue Decision Process to address complex issues
- Frame your decisions to establish a solid foundation for your process
- Leverage creative methods and analytic thinking to identify alternatives
- Identify decision criteria with a clear line of sight to your corporate values
- Utilize sensitivity analysis to identify key risk factors
- Overcome motivational and cognitive biases to assess probabilities
- Structure and evaluate decision trees to reduce uncertainty
- Draw insights from your analysis and communicate results that produce action
- Discover what it takes to transform decision-making into a core competency of your organization
PhD, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1999 MS, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1994 BS, Mechanical Engineering, New Mexico State University, 1992 Dr. Eric Bickel is Associate Professor and Director of the Graduate Program in Operations Research &am...
PhD, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1976 MS, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1971 BS, Science Engineering, Northwestern University, 1968 Dr. Bruce Judd is Partner and Managing Director at Strategic Decisions Group. He helps clients develop internal capabi...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.