Decision and Risk Analysis
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Explore the foundations of decision quality and how to use a rigorous analytic framework to make better decisions in your personal and professional life.
Most of us were never trained how to make good decisions. A primary reason for this seems to be, as we explore in this course, an unfounded belief that we are naturally good at making decisions. We do it every day, after all. Yet, the research is overwhelming that individuals are prone to many decision-making mistakes, even in simple situations. This problem is even more prevalent when we must make decisions under uncertainty. In this course, we will discuss how you can become better decision makers in both your personal and professional lives.
Strategic Decision and Risk Management
Clarify problems, explore available options, develop a structured framework, understand the impact, and commit to your choice.
Two Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Develop tools and mental frameworks that will allow you to deal effectively with uncertainty
- Revise your beliefs after gathering additional information using proven methods
- Examine and quantify the value created by gathering additional information
- Quantify your appetite for risk and how to factor this into your decision making
- Avoid the pitfalls that can degrade our decision making
- Think clearly and insightfully about the decisions you face
- Explore methods to trade off competing value metrics and objectives
- Guide others in improving their decision making