Data Wise in Action Program (Online)
Benefit from personalized coaching and tools as you implement the Data Wise Improvement Process in your own setting.
“When schools create a collaborative culture around data use—when they use data not to point fingers but to inform collective decisions—something powerful can happen.” — Kathryn Boudett, Faculty Co-Chair
This program is designed for teams that have completed the on-campus or online Data Wise Leadership Institute. This follow-up program provides job-embedded support and feedback as participants roll out the Data Wise Improvement Process in their schools and districts.
At the end of this experience, participants will have completed a full cycle of the Data Wise Improvement Process and will be ready to engage in future cycles independently.
This four-month online program is designed to support your team as you enact the action plan developed in the Data Wise Leadership Institute and work through the eight steps of the Data Wise Improvement Process.
Your team will receive:
- support from a dedicated coach who will provide feedback and encouragement throughout the process.
- a suggested calendar for working through cycles of inquiry
- videos providing just-in-time guidance about how to lead others at each step
- adaptable presentation slides and meeting agendas that you can use with your staff
- a template for documenting your work and sharing your improvement story
- access to an online community of educators who are also engaged in collaborative inquiry
You will also connect with Harvard faculty and fellow alumni in three live online events that bring the Data Wise community together to share work, celebrate success, and address common challenges.
- Engage your faculty in collaborative inquiry by planning for and leading all 8 steps of the Data Wise Improvement Process in your setting
- Cultivate the habits of mind that can improve the effectiveness of teams and help foster a supportive culture of continuous improvement with your school
- Adapt model protocols for each step to use with your faculty
- Reflect on the process of integrating the Data Wise Improvement Process into your daily work by documenting your team’s work in a Journey Presentation
Who should attend
- School-based teams of 4 or more people comprised of a principal, two or more teachers, and one or more other educators in leadership roles.
- Teams must include 2 members who have successfully participated in a Data Wise Leadership Institute or previous Data Wise in Action Program.