Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with WU Executive Academy Vienna.Full disclaimer.
Business impact through effective data handling
In times of digitalization, where buzzwords such as Business Intelligence (BI) and Marketing Automation are omnipresent, companies are confronted with huge challenges: How can they optimize their decision-making-process on the basis of an unimaginable mass of data, originating from a variety of sources? The answer lies in data science. To meet this need WU's executive academy has designed a cutting edge program on data science. In just a few months, you will get to know the tools, techniques, and fundamental concepts that you need to know in order to make an impact as a data scientist. You will learn how to unleash the potential of unused data resources within your enterprise - and how to approach this. During the course of the program, you will work through real-life case studies, with datasets from different domains (e.g. marketing, supply chain management) and will gain experience across the entire data science process: explorative data analysis, data munging, modelling, validation and cleansing, visualization, and communication.
Taking your skills to the next level
This applied program takes your data skills to the next level, shows you how to build big data pipelines as well as analytics processes and how to apply what you have learned in the context of real projects. At the end of the program, you will be able to apply all the methods dealt with and will have gathered an overview about the opportunities that open up as a data scientist.
“Data Science” will guide you and your company to the future and provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to be your organization’s data scientist. Help your company to get on the fast lane – master the big data challenge!
- Get in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in data science, which can be translated into practice immediately
- Learn about best practices and actual use cases from various domains
- Get relevant know-how in order to set up data science projects in your own company
- Make informed decisions on the basis of data models
- Learn from expert data scientists with long-standing experience
Modules: Dates & Content
Module 1: What is Data Science? Concepts & Application Domains (4 Days)
- Overview of data science concepts and use cases in different business application Domains (e.g. marketing, supply chain Management, production Management, process Management, finance)
- Data processing and data analytics: Concepts & methods
- Presentation of selected data science projects and scenarios in depth
Module 2: From Data Science to Big Data (4 Days)
- Data science Project kick-off
- Legal and ethical foundations and data security
- Big data methods and algorithms
- Data Workflows, Distribution, advanced techniques (e.g. semantic Technologies, text extraction)
- Commercial data science tools fair
- Advanced data analytics
Module 3: Data Science in Practice and in the Future (4 Days)
- Data processing and data analytics trends and Outlook
- Application of data science
- Special guest talks by distinguished academic Speakers and experienced experts from practice
- Data science project presentations
After completing the course, you will receive a certificate including course details from the WU Executive Academy.
Who should attend
This applied program is for analysts, product managers, business managers or simply someone who wants to optimize their and their companies’ decision making through data science. Participants come from a wide range of industries including:
- Marketing, CRM, Business Analysis, Market Research Consulting
- Industry, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing
- Health Care, Pharma
- Technology, IT, Telecommunications
- Consumer Goods
- Finance, Insurance
Please note: You should have at least 3 years of work experience and a good command of English (as this is the language of instruction).