Who should attend
- Heads of’ who have decision-making authority
- Leaders who make data relevant decisions
- Experienced, numerate executives with a quantitative background
- Middle to senior managers who work – for example – in operations management, finance, consumer products, healthcare, insurance, consulting or the civil service
About the course
Unlock the infinite power of data to transform your organisation: Bring your own company’s business data challenge and join us to supercharge success.
Deploy your organisation’s most valuable resource
Good for you
- Learn how to extract, explore and share data in a way that takes your data management to the next level
- Ensure you stay ahead of the data curve, finding relationships and providing insights in a unique and powerful way
- Gain a deeper understanding of different data science methods used and learn how and when to apply them
- Use cutting-edge visualisation software to identify trends, explore hypotheses, challenge assumptions, and create a more nuanced data-driven understanding of your business
- Gain hands-on experience in applying advanced data science models to make confident, evidence based decisions and super-charge your capacity to provide solutions
- Become the data science ‘translator’ of your organisation and bridge the gap between business context and data expertise
Good for your organisation
- Make proactive and evidence-based business decisions instead of reactive, trial-and-error based ones
- Mine the mountain of data you generate daily to exceed your customers’ expectations, identify new options and stay ahead of the competition
- Develop internal data experts: stop hiring expensive contractors who don’t understand your business
- Manage your data science projects more effectively and with maximum impact - learn how to ask the right questions, give the right answers and better understand the impact data has on your business
- Create an organised framework to capitalise on data opportunities and maximise its immense untapped value
What you learn
- Exploit the limitless potential of data to drive growth with your new-found quantitative and qualitative skills, built around four pillars: Data visualisation, predictive modelling, classification, and clustering
- Understand the latest discoveries in data science and how to apply them at work right away
- Use cutting-edge software to crunch data into intuitive and instructive insights to drive real-world results
- Explore how data can forecast outcomes and predict future success to create a winning strategy
- Know how to target the right customers with the right products and communications
How you learn
Work on your own data science challenge from beginning to end, using world-class theory and searing insights to solve your specific problem. Your learning is split over three phases:
Connect and engage | Pre-programme
Take the opportunity to refresh and stretch your data science skills, using a range of online assets. Identify and refine your data challenge using faculty expertise during 1-2-1 conversations. Prepare for an intensive, dynamic and transformational week on campus.
Learn, apply and challenge | 5 days on campus
Immerse yourself in a collaborative and energetic learning experience in the heart of London. Delve into real-life case studies, offsite experiences and experiential learning. Learn in a structured environment with high-calibre teaching from world-class faculty to further develop your knowledge in this sphere and apply it to your organisational context and beyond.
Apply and transform | Online clinics post-programme
Wrap up with online learning clinics when you are back at work – once a week – where you have the chance to co-create this learning experience with your cohort. Each clinic will focus on a different method where you can pre-submit questions for discussion. These clinics will be facilitated by faculty where you get the chance to explore both successes and hurdles of using your new-found methods on your challenge back in the workplace with insights from your peers.
Your learning experience
- Build your knowledge and refine your goals with online pre-learning, followed by a hands-on, face-to-face experience on campus and tailed with online post-programme clinics
- Learning on the programme happens in short, rhythmic bursts for a stimulating and energising experience
- Apply insights on-the-go to solve your own problem: Your own data science challenge from your organisation forms the bedrock of your journey
- Immerse yourself in real-life case studies, offsite experiences and experiential learning from on-the-ground data experts
- Build a solid network of like-minded professionals with rich and diverse experience in a swathe of different industries as you learn, share insights and progress together
Dr Savva’s current research focuses on hospital operations and healthcare management. His research has appeared in leading journals such as Management Science, M&SOM, Production & Operations Management, and Nature Biotechnology. He is an Associate Editor of Management Science, M&SOM a...
Dr Tolga Tezcan’s research focuses on how to design and control service systems under uncertainty with applications in customer service systems and healthcare systems. He has worked with customer call centres, customer service chat systems, emergency departments, and hospital transporter system...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.