Who should attend
This programme is for executives working in data-rich environments who want to be able to use data science to gain the latest insights, create value for their organisation and drive strategic business decisions.
3 or more years relevant experience
- Senior managers working in – but not limited to - retail, healthcare, pharmaceutical, finance, insurance, technology, utilities, logistics, oil and gas
- Managers of teams working to turn data sources into actionable insights
- Individuals from both a STEM background and those from non-quantitative backgrounds working in data-rich fields applying analytics and insights for business decisions.
About the course
Unlock the infinite power of data to transform your organisation. Bring your own data challenge and translate this into actionable insights.
Deploy your organisation’s most valuable resource
Want a stand-out set of tools to put data to work for tangible business impact? Learn face-to-face from world leading industry experts.
Good for you
- Gain the knowledge and confidence to frame the right questions to exploit your data
- Become familiar with how you and your team can extract value from data using advanced analytics over traditional methods
- Ensure you stay ahead of the data curve, finding relationships and providing insights in a unique and powerful way
- Gain hands-on experience in applying advanced data science models to make confident, evidence based decisions and elevate your capacity to provide solutions
- Use cutting-edge visualisation software to identify trends, explore hypotheses, challenge assumptions, and create a more nuanced data-driven understanding of your business
- Harness the power of data to make informed business decisions at speed and scale and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Good for your organisation
- Discover what an optimal analytics strategy is and how to build your organisation capability to support this
- Get in front of the curve on latest developments and make proactive and evidence-based business decisions instead of reactive, trial-and-error based ones
- Understand data and create insights gathered from data solutions and all other available data sets
- Lead and manage a skilled team to innovate and harness the value of data in your business
- Manage your data science projects more effectively and with maximum impact - learn how to ask the right questions, give the right answers and better understand the impact data has on your business
- Create an organised framework to capitalise on data opportunities and maximise its immense untapped value.
Grow your business with scientific decision making
Take a deep dive into your own data challenge and leverage the insights you uncover to drive value for your company
What you learn
- Exploit the limitless potential of data to drive growth with your new-found quantitative and qualitative skills, built around four pillars: Data visualisation, predictive modelling, classification, and clustering
- Understand the latest discoveries in data science and how to apply them at work right away
- Use cutting-edge software to crunch data into intuitive and instructive insights to drive real-world results
- Explore how data can forecast outcomes and predict future success to create a winning strategy
- Know how to target the right customers with the right products and communications
How you learn
Work on your own data science challenge from beginning to end, using world-class theory and searing insights to solve your specific problem. Your learning is split over three phases:
Connect and engage | Pre-programme
Take the opportunity to refresh and stretch your data science skills, using a range of online assets. Identify and refine your data challenge using faculty expertise during 1-2-1 conversations. Prepare for an intensive, dynamic and transformational week on campus.
Learn, apply and challenge | 5 days on campus
Immerse yourself in a collaborative and energetic learning experience in the heart of London. Delve into real-life case studies, offsite experiences and experiential learning. Learn in a structured environment with high-calibre teaching from world-class faculty to further develop your knowledge in this sphere and apply it to your organisational context and beyond.
Apply and transform | Online clinics post-programme
Wrap up with online learning clinics when you are back at work – once a week – where you have the chance to co-create this learning experience with your cohort. Each clinic will focus on a different method where you can pre-submit questions for discussion. These clinics will be facilitated by faculty where you get the chance to explore both successes and hurdles of using your new-found methods on your challenge back in the workplace with insights from your peers.
Your learning experience
- Build your knowledge and refine your goals with online pre-learning, followed by a hands-on, face-to-face experience on campus and tailed with online post-programme clinics
- Learning on the programme happens in short, rhythmic bursts for a stimulating and energising experience
- Apply insights on-the-go to solve your own problem: Your own data science challenge from your organisation forms the bedrock of your journey
- Immerse yourself in real-life case studies, offsite experiences and experiential learning from on-the-ground data experts
- Build a solid network of like-minded professionals with rich and diverse experience in a swathe of different industries as you learn, share insights and progress together
Dr Savva’s current research focuses on hospital operations and healthcare management. His research has appeared in leading journals such as Management Science, M&SOM, Production & Operations Management, and Nature Biotechnology. He is an Associate Editor of Management Science, M&SOM a...
Dr Tolga Tezcan’s research focuses on how to design and control service systems under uncertainty with applications in customer service systems and healthcare systems. He has worked with customer call centres, customer service chat systems, emergency departments, and hospital transporter system...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.