Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is intended for technical leaders who make technical decisions about their data science architecture, analytical environments, and organizational insights delivery.
About the course
About On Demand Learning
This On Demand video training class on Data Science and Blockchain is designed for those who prefer to develop the skills they need on their time and at their own pace. You will be provided 60 days of access to the class and all supporting course material.
This training will give you the the ability to start, stop and rewind the chapters. This class will not support questions or have a live instructor-interaction; if you would like live training please view our Instructor-led Class.
This course reviews why blockchain is the future of data science. There are many decisions and issues that face the technical team and data leadership, and this class will enable participants to effectively make those decisions both offensively and defensively.
What You’ll Learn
- How we got to now: the digital data transformation
- Where data science is headed: the coming datapocalypse
- Why blockchain is the solution for data science
- Examples of successful blockchain data science projects
- How to get started with your first blockchain-based data science project
How we got to now: the digital data transformation
The origin of data-driven approaches in government, academia and business
Progress in data factor markets
- Data connectivity
- Data storage
- Data processing
Quantification of everything
- Smart Cities
A brave new world of perfect information
Where data science is headed: the coming datapocalypse
- The dependency of data science on the theory of variance
- Why data centralization will kill traditional data science
- Why most organizations are ill prepared for the coming wave of data
- Why most organizations are totally unprepared for blockchain data
Why blockchain is the solution for data science
Blockchain as a data engineering solution
- Defined quantification
- Data completeness
- Data trustworthiness
Blockchain as a data analytics solution
- Data access and preparation
- Data scope and data totality improvements
- New data science frameworks
Examples of successful blockchain data science projects
Use cases by vertical
- Fintech & SaaS
Use cases by organizational type
Use cases by organizational department
- Business Intelligence
- Customer Experience Management
- Procurement & Fulfillment
How to get started with your first blockchain-based data science project
Offensive strategies for adopting blockchain into data science workflows
- Data maturity stage audit
- Prioritizing blockchain data science projects
- Build or buy blockchain data science solutions
Defensive strategies for adopting blockchain into data science workflows
- Competitive intelligence and secondary research
- Macro metric correlations for blockchain data science models
- Game theory and “best response” actions
When Luciano Pesci, a graduate instructor in the Economics department and the Director of Research for Utah Community Research Group (Utah CRG), gave the commencement speech for the University of Utah graduating class of 2008, he said, "as graduates, it is now our obligation to perpetuate the kno...