Who should attend
This course will provide you with a working knowledge of powerful Excel tools you can use to enhance visual representations of data. You should have a working knowledge of the data analysis and modeling tools that are covered in our Introduction to Data Modeling using Excel course.
About the course
Excel provides a set of tools that allow you to save time cleaning, formatting and importing data from a variety of sources. These tools also assist in creating and updating standard reports and dashboards to dynamically visualize data.
Data Modeling and Dashboards using using Excel Power Tools is a certificate program and non-credit-bearing. There are no degree requirements for the program.
This course will introduce you to the most effective ways to build dashboards using Microsoft Excel's powerful data modeling and business intelligence tools: Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View. By the end of the program, you will be able to use these tools to make effective data visualizations for reports and presentations.
This course will develop your skills in the following tools:
- Get and Transform - imports, cleans, formats and combines data from a variety of sources.
- Power Query - takes the time and energy out of updating reports.
- Power Pivot - create data models that make seamless connections between a variety of data sources.
- Power View and Power Map - create interactive dashboards that communicate the story of your data.
You can complete this program at your own pace, anywhere and anytime, as long as you have a computer with access to the internet and a web browser. On the program start date, you'll receive access and must complete the program within 10 weeks.
The program consists of five modules that you must complete in sequence. Each module contains:
- Instructor-led videos and resources
- Follow along practice exercises for active learning
- Application activity to reinforce the skills in each module You will need to submit the application activity to unlock the next module. These activities will ensure you understand and are able to apply the skills covered in each module. These activities can be resubmitted as many times as necessary for mastery of the content.
Upon completion, your certificate will be mailed via United States Postal Service for participants in the continental U.S. All others will be sent via United Parcel Service.
Education MS, Oswego State University BA, St. John Fisher College Cichocki teaches "Statistical Decisions in Management" and "Statistical Foundations in Analytics." She has given several presentations at both the state and national levels concerning incorporating technology into statistics, educ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.