Discover, analyze and forecast relationships among large data sets (“Big Data”).
Gain confidence in building reliable data analyses to make projections of business intelligence and performance. Utilize the fundamental analytical tool for discovering, analyzing and forecasting relationships—regression. Apply regression to past relationships, looking for trends, seasonal patterns and hidden correlations that can predict the future reliably. Model customer retention rates, develop an optimal bidding strategy in a sealed bid process, hedge your firm’s revenue, or forecast future profitability of individual customers, monthly sales, or daily stock prices by charting a successful course with regression and forecasting methods. Acquire a solid fundamental understanding of the methods, using intuitive graphical approaches to explain and motivate regression and forecasting models.
Explore the ins and outs of data analytics to gain perspective and experience with the complexities of “Big Data” in the business and organizational context.
Two-day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Apply regression to uncover trends, patterns and data correlations
- Gain confidence when using data to make analyses, forecasts and projections
- Develop the acumen to competently evaluate the findings and analyses presented by others
- Interact with data executives on the topic of data-driven business intelligence
- Analyze case studies to gain a thorough consideration of the models applications
- Forecasting models
- Random samples
- Random walks
- Moving averages
- ARIMA (Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average)
- Regression analytics
- Regression case studies
Who should attend
- Those with a small to moderate working knowledge of statistics
- Those seeking a refresher of the tools and models in practical application