Who should attend
Business professionals in operations, management, marketing, information technology, supply chain logistics and human resources. This course is for any business professional who wants to better understand Big Data and how it’s analysis and use can drive key business results.
About the course
This course focuses on the fundamentals of data analysis and its application to business.
Participants will analyze the current data landscape, including a focus on industry competitors. They will also explore how companies organize around data and analytics, studying how leaders use data to make decisions. Finally, participants will apply this knowledge to their own business situation, crafting a strategic vision for becoming data driven.
A vital aspect of the workshop is the Bring Your Own Data Challenge. Students learn about analytical modeling and how it can be used to support decision making. Then, they apply this modeling and thinking to decision making in their own company. The results are both immediate and directly applicable.
We look forward to working with you in a hands-on and fast-paced program!
With the right toolset and understanding, you can embrace this dramatic business culture shift. In this three-day workshop you will:
- Become proactive in understanding and leveraging business data, and data-driven decision making, to gain a competitive edge
- Understand the business data landscape
- Understand modeling tools and best practices: analytical modeling, AI (artificial intelligence) and machine learning. Familiarity with Excel is recommended.
- BYODC – Bring Your Own Data Challenge: Assess your own use of data by answering the following questions:
- What decisions are you making?
- What data do you have?
- How can you use data to improve your decision-making process?
Schedule and Format
This workshop will be offered online. Class begins at 9:00am and ends at 4:00pm each day, with multiple breaks to accommodate meals and virtual schedules.
Dr. Philip Beaver has been at Daniels since 2010. He served on the Army and Joint staffs at the Pentagon as a Senior Analyst, was an associate professor of applied mathematics at the U.S. Military Academy and served in the Army from 1983 to 2008. He is currently the Chief Data Scientist of OGX Co...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.