Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Using Power bi and Power Pivot for Excel
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cyprus International Institute of Management.Full disclaimer.
This 2-day hands-on workshop on business analytics uses Microsoft’s Power Pivot for Excel and Power BI tools. Every business user should know how to perform sophisticated data analysis, create unique dashboards using Power BI and develop powerful data models.
Deliver critical information and gain important insights from your data by visualizing your work with Microsoft Power BI and Power Pivot for Excel converting them into meaningful information.
Take your analysis one step further using two versatile business intelligence tools.
Big Data is growing exponentially due to an increase in the usage of mobile technology and internet. Those that they can analyse data efficiently unlock potential wealth in their business and can contribute in the improvement of business results.
Free Takeaway: Participants will receive sample worksheets, dashboards and templates that will allow them to review the models discussed during the seminar and adjust them to their own day-to-day needs. Participants will also receive 2 hours of video tutorials, available to watch 24/7 at their own pace.
Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics service that enables anyone to visualize and analyse data with greater speed, efficiency, and understanding. Learn how you can deliver critical information and get important insights from your data by visualizing your work with Microsoft Power BI. It connects to a wide range of data sources and can help you firm create valuable insights and be ahead of the competition. Here is a sample of a dynamic dashboard created with Power BI and you should expect to learn how to create similar ones once you have concluded with this workshop: http://bit.ly/powerbidashboardsample
Power Pivot is an Excel add-in which allows you to integrate your data using table relationships and perform powerful data analysis by creating simple and advanced measures using DAX language. By using the power of Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) language you will upgrade the data manipulation capabilities of Excel and thus allow you the user to create more sophisticated and complex measures and highlight key business performance e.g. perform advanced time intelligence, combine and filter your data etc.
- A real-life case study will help you examine how the analysis of Sales and Expenses can become more efficient, dynamic and advanced by using Microsoft’s Power BI and Power Pivot vs. more “traditional” methods of Excel analysis (pivots, vlookups etc).
- We will demonstrate how to avoid time-consuming and repetitive data manipulation, allowing us to focus on more important aspects and explore the new capabilities Excel has to offer to improve the quality of our analysis.
- Additionally, we will introduce the use of DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for simple and complex calculations. (Basic DAX functions (Aggregate, Logical, Table and Relational Functions), Time Intelligence Functions and Calculations, Calculate, Practice Implementation of DAX Functions with Examples)
- Learn how to install and use Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI and realize the differences depending on your version of Microsoft Excel.
- Automate data import from various sources and create relationships in your data model.
- Learn how to create dynamic dashboards, filter your data and perform easy drill-downs to your data so that to perform sophisticated business intelligence.
Benefits for you
- Anyone that uses Excel lookup functions, works with big data and wants to enhance his output and analysis will benefit from this hands-on seminar.
- Benefits for your organization
- Produce valuable measures for your firm and advance your analysis by incorporating the power of Data Model into your day-to-day data analysis.
- Build interactive reports, perform business intelligence and analyse your data so that you can make well-timed business decisions.
Who should attend
- Directors, GMs, VPs, Senior Managers, Managers
- Anyone seeking to improve their data analytics skill set
- Risk Managers and Portfolio Managers
- Financial Controllers and Accountants
- CFOs &Finance Managers
- Corporate Finance & Business Development Professionals
- Business & Financial Analysts
- MBA’s & Business Undergraduates
- Industry Consultants
- Project Managers and Risk Analysts
- Finance & Accounting staff
- Heads of Business Units & Business Planners