Who should attend
- Recent graduates looking to expand their skills
- Professionals who would like to start their journey in data science
- Anyone looking for a quick and effective way to upskill into the data science, AI and machine learning fields.
About the course
Learn about the key tools, platforms and functions that you will need to work in the data science field, in positions such as a data analyst.
About this course
This course is a collaboration between UTS and ITIC.
This short course will provide you with a foundational understanding of the key areas and tools used by data analysts and data scientists to help start your journey into artificial intelligence (AI) and data. You will navigate through coding and databases, and become prepared to solve different real-world problems with data analytics tools.
The course comprises four modules. Each module is run as a one-day virtual classroom workshop with a small group, focusing on one specific tool in the data analyst toolkit.
Day one - Python
- Data types, function
Day two - SQL
- SQL for data science
- Basics, Functions
- Storing and grouping.
Day three - Tableau
- Visual analytics
- Exploring tableau, problem solving.
Day four - Power BI
- Connect to data with Power BI
- Data manipulation, visualizations
- Data analysis expressions (DAX).
On successful completion of this course, participants will have an understanding of data and how to utilise it in effective ways through collection and curation, database queries and visualisations.
Participants will specifically be able to:
- Implement machine learning algorithms in python
- Design relational databases and use SQL statements in any database management system
- Provide visualised reports using data analytic tools.
To participate in this online course, you will need a personal computer with adequate internet access, web conferencing capability and an operating system with a web browser compatible with Canvas, Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Ava is an experienced data analyst, skilled in research, machine learning, data mining, recommender systems and computer vision. She has extensive experience in teaching subjects such as Python, database, machine learning, deep learning and data visualisation tools. Ava is currently a PhD candi...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.