Who should attend
This course is intended for contracting personnel in the Federal Government and commercial sectors who want to know how cybersecurity regulations affect their contracts and how their organization can remain compliant.
About the course
Critical thinking skills are imperative when assessing cyber risk throughout the contracting lifecycle. Learn how to safeguard your contracts by understanding today’s rapidly changing cybersecurity regulations and their impact on the contracting world. You will become vigilant in watching for any cybersecurity threats and be able to quickly react to any possible breach.
Note: This course is focused on government and contractor systems and the sharing of controlled unclassified information as part of the acquisition process.
- Given case studies of cybersecurity risks, explain the role contracting professionals play in cybersecurity management
- Given an overview of cybersecurity laws and regulations, determine which cybersecurity laws and regulations apply to your contracting organization
- Given a walkthrough of various cybersecurity standards, controls, and frameworks, determine their impact on Federal acquisitions
- Given real-world contracting situations, analyze how to manage cybersecurity risks during acquisition planning and contract performance
- Formulate a plan for staying up to date on the latest cybersecurity requirements
Overview of Cybersecurity
- The Current State of Cybersecurity
- Acquisitions and Cybersecurity Management
Cybersecurity Laws and Regulations
- Federal Cybersecurity Regulations
- Key FAR Clauses
- Key DFARS Provisions and Clauses
Cybersecurity Standards, Controls, and Frameworks
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
- NIST Special Publication 800-53
- NIST Special Publication 800-171
- Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
- CIS Critical Security Controls
- Other Cybersecurity Frameworks
Cybersecurity Considerations in Acquisition Planning and Contract Performance
- Cybersecurity Considerations during Acquisition Planning
- Cybersecurity Considerations during Contract Performance
- Cybersecurity Compliance Walkthrough
Staying Current with Cybersecurity in Contracting
- Current Events in Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Resources
- Practical Considerations in Cybersecurity Management
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.